Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Brooks team pro soft tissue problem.

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have been riding my team pro now for about 500 miles on my racing bike.

So far my seat bones love this saddle i feel they are there, but they cause no pain afterwards.

My girlie bits are a different issue.

My q'n is although i have read the forum on this subject is this one.

I would wish something like a big dent where my girlie bits are so they don't contact the rock-hard leather and not a cut out as i love the brooks.
    However how do others females handle this one.

There is a saddle has this dent http://www.sq-lab.com/content/view/32/151/lang,en/
    and i feel they really understood this female problem.

I don't want to go this option as i feel leather is the way to go, but than again one doesn't want to continue with pain 'down under' .

Any advice is more than welcome.

If experimenting with the tilt of the saddle doesn't help, you might look into a Selle An-Atomica, which is very similar to a Brooks, but with a cut-out. Search on Selle An-Atomica in this forum and you'll find that several people have posted their experiences.

But I'd try tweaking the tilt slightly, first - try tilting the nose down just a couple more degrees. If you don't have a micro-adjustable seatpost, you can cut a little piece of metal out of a can and use it as a shim (be aware that it will compress over time and you will have to re-adjust every few months - but it's cheaper than a new seatpost ).
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

A tilt down of 1 degree might help. But you may just be someone that needs a cutout. Somewhere on the board is a cutout test (sit on a hard surface, lean forward like you're biking and if you have soft tissue contact with the surface, you probably need a cutout or depression).

I actually have had my Brooks B68 "chopped and channeled" by Selle Anatomica. My sitbones were happy, but the sensitive parts were very unhappy. Selle Anatomica cut a slot into the saddle and reinforced the leather. It was hard to send that pretty saddle away to be mutilated (eeks, what if it didn't work?!?!?!), but, for me, it was the right thing to do.