Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Central Denver MUP rides anyone?

I'm generally a lone rider out of choice. It's my "me" time. But once and awhile I like to ride with a group and I've not had any luck finding folks who just want to ride around the metro trails - Chatfield and back, CC Res, Golden, Bear Creek, etc.

I do Lookout Mountain from time to time but climbing isn't something I really enjoy. I'd rather just have a nice casual ride. It seems all the group rides I find are mountain focused.

Anyone know of any rides like this, that originate in Central Denver. Or would anyone be interesting in starting something semi-regular?

I spend quite a bit of time on the trails around the Denver area and have ridden Lookout a few times (Did not ride it last year). I too would be interested in finding some people to ride with. Send me a PM if you are interested.

I think I will head out in a bit and ride to Golden or to CC Res. Not sure yet. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit.
    Last edited by solobiker; 04-11-2010 at 06:56 AM.

You will have to wait a few weeks but you could always do this:

http://www.denvercruisers.com/

"When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

My husband does the cruiser ride but it's not really my thing. I love a drinnk or two but there are just too many drunks at that event for my tastes. I guess I'm getting old.

I serve on the board for a local bike coop and we're thinking of starting a tweed ride. That's more my speed.

I too would be interested in finding some people to ride with. Send me a PM if you are interested.
    In a couple of weekends I'd love to try and hook up with you for a ride if possible!

I wish there was some relaxed, non-competitive riders up near the Greeley area. Every biker I have met is a die-hard & haven't found a group yet that has the slower folks. I am all about the 8-16mph on bike trails & the-like.
    Last edited by tharley; 04-12-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    ~ Tanis

I used to ride quite a bit harder then I do now. I find it more enjoyable to take my time and not always try to max out my speed. I am not into the larger groups or groups focused on speed. Depending upon the day my average speed it usually 14-16 on my cross bike. Let me know if anyone wants to hook up. I live fairly close to the bike trail near REI.