Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Central Denver MUP rides anyone?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm generally a lone rider out of choice. It's my "me" time. But once and awhile I like to ride with a group and I've not had any luck finding folks who just want to ride around the metro trails - Chatfield and back, CC Res, Golden, Bear Creek, etc.

I do Lookout Mountain from time to time but climbing isn't something I really enjoy. I'd rather just have a nice casual ride. It seems all the group rides I find are mountain focused.

Anyone know of any rides like this, that originate in Central Denver. Or would anyone be interesting in starting something semi-regular?

I spend quite a bit of time on the trails around the Denver area and have ridden Lookout a few times (Did not ride it last year). I too would be interested in finding some people to ride with. Send me a PM if you are interested.

I think I will head out in a bit and ride to Golden or to CC Res. Not sure yet. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit.
    Last edited by solobiker; 04-11-2010 at 06:56 AM.

You will have to wait a few weeks but you could always do this:

http://www.denvercruisers.com/

"When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

My husband does the cruiser ride but it's not really my thing. I love a drinnk or two but there are just too many drunks at that event for my tastes. I guess I'm getting old.

I serve on the board for a local bike coop and we're thinking of starting a tweed ride. That's more my speed.

I too would be interested in finding some people to ride with. Send me a PM if you are interested.
    In a couple of weekends I'd love to try and hook up with you for a ride if possible!

I wish there was some relaxed, non-competitive riders up near the Greeley area. Every biker I have met is a die-hard & haven't found a group yet that has the slower folks. I am all about the 8-16mph on bike trails & the-like.
    Last edited by tharley; 04-12-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    ~ Tanis

I used to ride quite a bit harder then I do now. I find it more enjoyable to take my time and not always try to max out my speed. I am not into the larger groups or groups focused on speed. Depending upon the day my average speed it usually 14-16 on my cross bike. Let me know if anyone wants to hook up. I live fairly close to the bike trail near REI.

This thread is a couple months old. Not sure if any of you are still looking for people to ride with. My DH and I ride the trails quite frequently (well, me more than him), but it would be cool to meet some people and hook up to ride with. We're in the South Metro area, pretty much midway between the Cherry Creek Trail and Mary Carter Greenway. Chatfield and CC are common rides for us. Or even getting a couple of people together to participate in an organized/supported ride.
    Any of you still interested?
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!

Sure thing!! I would be up for some rides. I have ridden on the trails much this summer. Send me a PM if interested. I am in NW Denver.

Group Rides

Ladies, if you're interested, come and join me on Saturday mornings. I ride out of the Littleton Bicycle Village. We have a fun group of regulars that come out, and have a good time.
    Here is the blog address for ride info: http://bicyclevillagesw.blogspot.com/
    We usually have 7-13 riders, so it's a nice sized group, not too big.
    Jenn K
    Centennial, CO
    Love my Fuji!

Still looking for group rides?

Hey there! Is anyone in the south denver area still around? My boyfriend and I try to do 2-3 rides a week in S Denver (Cherry creek, chatfield, morrison all originating in s denver somewhere) - we'd love to have more people along...
    1984 Raleigh Technium 440 - retired(coffee runs)
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 5 WSD - 365 miles (updated 7.12.2012) - in a holding pattern due to injury.
    My blog: http://bikesbooksblues.wordpress.com/
    Fundraising link for my friend Aimee, after her ped/car accident