Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post

Take that, spammer, you've started a whole thread about how much we hate Starbucks.
    LOL.

Actually there are quite a few fans here from what I am seeing. It wasn't my intention to spam, I thought a coffee based thread would lead to a lot of responses as, well alot of us love coffee! The coupon I thought would be a nice bonus

Quote Originally Posted by mariacycle View Post
    ahh to clarify... mcdonalds coffee is the way to go. NEVER get a crafted drink from mcdonalds. when they first came out with the whole line of those my best friend and i drove to mcdonalds around midnight. less than thirty minutes later i had to pull over for her to throw up!
    Never been a fan of their coffee personally, though maybe it varies from Franchise to Franchise. I know there is a lot of competition brewing(lol) between Dunkin, McDonalds and Starbucks, but of the 3 I like the pastries and coffee(even those mini donuts) of Starbucks better than the other 2.
    Last edited by cyclingqueen2k9; 04-12-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingqueen2k9 View Post
    I thought a coffee based thread would lead to a lot of responses as, well alot of us love coffee! The coupon I thought would be a nice bonus

It did, we do and it was
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Maybe I'm inept but I couldn't get to a printable coupon with the link provided.

Nope, you're perfectly ept.
    There is no coupon at that link.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Geez, I am not feeling ept right now myself

Here is the link with the coupon. Sorry guys!

$1 dollar off

P.S. I'd edit it in to the original post but I think I ran out of time to fix it.

That's not linking to a coupon either. That link requires you to do something - connect with Facebook and presumably advertise for Starbucks in some way. That is way too much trouble. I'm putting this topic on ignore.

I don't really like coffee on its own, but my daughter's first real job was as a barista at Starbucks. I would drop in to her store, and I learned to drink mocha (hot or cold). I must admit that it is an easy option to stop at the Starbucks near my house for a nonfat light mocha or light mocha frappucino after a ride.

The calorie count on a lot of the other drinks and most of the pastries is scary. Even when I have just burned 1500-2000 calories, I still don't like to squander my discretionary calories when I am refueling......

I think if I was more of a coffee connoisseur I would be more drawn to local coffee places.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

We don't have a Starbucks in my little town, nor a Macdonalds! There are a handful of tea rooms and a Costa Coffee. I rarely have caffeine so drink Twinings decaff tea and have a decaff espresso from fair-trade water-processed coffee and my stove-top machine in the late afternoon. I do like the occasional latte, but am learning to say no to the extra calories.
    Dawes Cambridge Mixte, Specialized Hardrock, Specialized Vita.

mixedbabygreens My blog, which really isn't all about the bike.

I'm an ok fan of their normal coffee - EXCEPT pike place (omgawful).

But I was at a Starbucks in the...Phoenix? airport yesterday and they had a salted hot chocolate drink. It sounded interesting, has anyone ever tried something like that?

Edit - just saw jdubble mentioned it earlier - they apparently brought it back! some places, anyway! maybe I'll try it.
    Last edited by jessmarimba; 10-13-2010 at 06:19 AM.

Pumpkin spice latte. Yumm.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

~Albert Einstein

Addiction is so nasty

Fav espresso stand drink: soy vanilla latte. Can't tolerate the steamed milk. While Starbucks has the best, most consistant flavor, I do try to patronize the locals whenever possible. Since Seattle (home of Starbucks) is just up the road, it technically is a local though.

Regarding the addiction, dh brings 1st cup of brew to me in bed ea. morning. Brewed coffee/latte until evening then the big question is: red or white? Red tonight!
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

I study in Starbucks (there are three or four on or immediately next to campus) because it's easier for me to work with "noise" around. I'm weird, I know. I've had plenty of opportunity to sample their beverages.

I almost never drink coffee. Frappuccinos, on the other hand, are fair game, as are the pumpkin spice and gingerbread lattes. If the pumpkin spice or gingerbread aren't around, I get a coffee frappucino with hazelnut syrup or a cinnamon dolce latte.

There's a local chain here that does a good version of mocha. Three kinds of chocolate. It's really good, but really sweet. And if you bring your own mug, you have to clean the resulting chocolate sludge out of the bottom. Totally worth it.

azfiddle, there's a reason I refuse to look at that information. But then, I walk everywhere.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by jessmarimba View Post
    I'm an ok fan of their normal coffee - EXCEPT pike place (omgawful).

But I was at a Starbucks in the...Phoenix? airport yesterday and they had a salted hot chocolate drink. It sounded interesting, has anyone ever tried something like that?

Edit - just saw jdubble mentioned it earlier - they apparently brought it back! some places, anyway! maybe I'll try it.
    Yes! I saw that it was back when I was at Safeway the other day - the boys wanted steamers, and I realized *after* I ordered myself a latte that the salted caramel hot chocolate was on the menu again. And then I promptly forgot again after we left the store. On my to-do list for tomorrow, thanks for the reminder!

I'm such a sucker for salted caramel anything. Trader Joes has a lovely new Fleur de Sel caramel sauce that I'm having a hard time not just eating straight out of the jar. Actually I *am* eating it straight out of the jar, by the spoonful, but trying to keep it to just a small spoon once a day

So I've not been a Starbucks drip fan (nor do I regularly stop for coffee anywhere). However - yesterday, I walked off and left my lovely travel mug of coffee at home (DH drank it - never fear). I was near my office before I realized it - so no Dunkin. But - I needed caffeine. Went to the Starbucks near my office and tried their Pike's Place blend - and it's good! No burned taste, very smooth. I could see my self drinking it regularly. Who knew??
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Another Pumpkin spice latte fan here!