Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

The siren noise that the deaf chick's phone makes every time she gets a text message. (It's her personal phone). She can't hear it, so why is there a sound???
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    The siren noise that the deaf chick's phone makes every time she gets a text message. (It's her personal phone). She can't hear it, so why is there a sound???
    She probably has no idea that it is on.... (some kind of default or someone's stupid idea of a joke). I had a teacher in high school who had no high frequency hearing left. As well as causing lots of other misunderstandings "b" c? "b!", d? "B!!", e? NO "B!!!- AS IN BOY"...... his digital watch alarm would go off every day at about 10 min until the end of class. At just about the end of the year someone finally mentioned it. He had no clue that it was ever going off.... (and wanted to know why no one had told him sooner)
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Traffic. As in, driving five hours on the freeway and being able to use the cruise control and/or listen to music for maybe two of those hours. And the antecedent to this kind of traffic, the absence of a viable rail system in the USA.

Having to ask a restaurant server for water more than twice.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Amtrak abit better than Via Rail in Canada for coverage

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Traffic. As in, driving five hours on the freeway and being able to use the cruise control and/or listen to music for maybe two of those hours. And the antecedent to this kind of traffic, the absence of a viable rail system in the USA. .
    Well, Amtrak network travels a little abit more throughout the vastness in the US ..compared to Canada.

If one checks VIA Rail in Canada, which is our only cross-Canada rail system, it's very thin and limited in terms of its geographic coverage. Really spartan coverage in the hugeness of Canada.

Of course both Canada and U.S. have problems in certain trains arriving on time. It continues to amaze me how pinpoint accurate the European trains are...but then I don't know about their lines in snowier areas.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Here are a few of my pet peeves...

-loud cell phone conversations in public (especially on the train)
    -people walking in groups and taking up the whole width of the sidewalk or hallway so I get stuck behind them until there's an opportunity to go around
    -people behind me in line at the store who stand too close while I am still checking out (instead of standing back and giving me some space)--it's like they're afraid somebody is going to take cuts if they're not right on top of me
    -littering in general but especially on trails
    -parents letting their kids misbehave and not even trying to correct them
    -drunk yahoos on the T/commuter rail (usually this occurs after a Bruins game...)
    -solicitation of any kind on the street etc.--these people can be SO intrusive and I don't appreciate being approached by random people when I am just minding my own business and trying to get somewhere
    Last edited by Jolt; 04-18-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

people I have just been introduced to who get all touchy feely,patting my shoulder, giving me shoulder or closer hugs and then insisting that they must say grace over dinner. I'm ok with people taking a moment of silence but since I am a non believer in god as most of them perceive, I find it presumptious of them to assume that after less than 30 minutes, they know me well enough to have prolonged physical contact or dictate my needs and wishes to who or whatever they believe in.

Company party over the weekend. Met a bunch of men my husband, the engineer, works with, many a good bit younger, who instantly assumed that I would just love dancing up close and tight, being addressed as young lady and "cuddled" despite all I did to discourage them. I finally sat down, begging off with a headache and we left early. Then I had to spend a while calming my husband down and convincing them not to complain and try and get them fired forthwith. Even in their 40's and 50's some people just need to grow up.
    \
    marni

You must be pretty cute to get all that kind of attention!

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

I have to grit my teeth when my dentist begins a sentence 'You know Laterider, people of our age .....' and then goes on to describe the problems that are to come. It's 'people of our age' part of the conversation that gets me & hey, why should I just lie down a wait for and expect all the cr@p to unfold. I'm 51, not decrepit.

Here are some that I forgot:

- the kiss on the cheek/s greeting from those that you don't really know and aren't family. Please just say a friendly 'Hello' with or without handshake.
    - pedestrians who don't keep to their own side of the crossing resulting in people dodging each other when they meet in the middle. Stick to the appropriate side as if in a vehicle.
    - over-packaging of products and then not being able to open it without hacking it up
    - electrical items designed to be thrown away rather than repaired
    - same items ending up in landfill

things that piss me off

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    You must be pretty cute to get all that kind of attention!

Karen
    Gee Karen, thanks for the vote of confidence but I am just an average looking 61 year old with a bikers buzz cut, a farmers tan, white forehead and rings around my eyes from dark glasses, with lots of wrinkles and sags- it's the instant intimacy and familiarity that make me bonkers, and the stupid stud act.

marni

Here's one I thought of today:

Hearing a man refer to his wife as "the ole lady." It sends me into a tailspin

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

The waiter or waitress who keeps walking past you and won't make eye contact. You're waving your arms around and they are oblivious.

Seeing people texting, putting on makeup, completely not paying attention in traffic.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."

Students who tell me they did their homework while they are staring at a blank paper.

I absolutely cannot stand lying.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Patients who, on their first night after being admitted, ask "what time is shift change?" and then every single night they ring their call light exactly 2 minutes before shift change and make us late for report. Especially when they're retired nurses and they know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Students who tell me they did their homework while they are staring at a blank paper.

I absolutely cannot stand lying.

Veronica
    You must have my son in your class. He just did that to me the other day. He told me that he had done his homework and my motherly instinct knew it was not true. So I asked to see what he had done and he had nothing to show me. BUSTED! Lying makes me mad too.

Another pet peeve of mine is not being able to find something, when I think I know where it would be.