Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

To disable ads, please log-in.

Colby, thanks for the advice and the vote of confidence. You are going to rock that IM! I still haven't decided which way I'll go on Monday, but I'm leaning toward the hills - I was able to map out a route with "only" 1400 feet of climbing over 20 miles instead of the 1800 I thought I was going to have to do.

I've been experimenting with Endurolytes too, considering I was getting foot cramps in the last couple of miles of the half I did in October in 45 weather, and this one will almost certainly be closer to 70. Foot cramps at mile 11 of a half was no big deal... at mile 11 of 26.2, not so much. I've been able to master getting a mouthful of water from my hydration pack and shoving a capsule or two between my lips - hope it won't be too hard doing the same thing with water from the aid stations. Definitely water first, then pill - they're so light that I was in terror of inhaling them when I tried it the "normal" way. No way could I mix the powder strong and deal with the taste, and I don't want to have to carry all my water, either, so pills it is.

Today was mile repeats x 3 ... after two days of yardwork in lieu of workouts, ahead of today's rain. Luckily I only got sprinkled on a tiny bit during my run, it didn't seem super-humid, and I kept the pace in spite of not doing much speedwork lately. That's a confidence builder, too.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    Bike Chick didn't you say you were doing the Mini or am I thinking of someone else?
    Yes, Winding, I'm doing the half-marathon next weekend, same as you. Today was supposed to be a 10 mile run before my taper and I was rained out. It stormed all day here. I'm going to try to get it in tomorrow morning instead but that means I will be running 4 days in a row. I hope I don't wear myself out before the HM.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

7 miles for me this morning. The longest run yet this season!!! I went out at 5 am, we have a family thing today and I needed to go early. Rainy 50 degrees. I felt good until the last 1/2 mile and then everything tightened up. But we did a hard 50 mile ride yesterday so considering that I went in to the run with tired legs, I am happy with the result. Held a 9:30 pace.

Ran 3 miles at 5:30 AM. Nothing is hurting, so far, so good. I didn't wear my Garmin, but I was going *really* slow.
    We shall see.

I am leaving right now for a 38 km adventure.

I hope to survive to tell the tale, although I'm pretty sure I won't write it with my feet!!

Good luck Grog - have fun!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

This weather is annoying. I'm in the same boat as you tomorrow. I was planning either saturday or sunday I figured I'd get lucky and get a run window, didn't happen. Today was my Mom's birthday so that pretty much took care of running today too. Oh well, tomorrow is another day right?!?! I'm excited about the HM but I honestly am going to be glad when it's over. These long runs take a lot of time (for me anyways). I'm not fast like some of the girls here. I'm definitely the tortoise, slow and steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Chick View Post
    Yes, Winding, I'm doing the half-marathon next weekend, same as you. Today was supposed to be a 10 mile run before my taper and I was rained out. It stormed all day here. I'm going to try to get it in tomorrow morning instead but that means I will be running 4 days in a row. I hope I don't wear myself out before the HM.