Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

The weather was perfect for a commuting run to the bus. 5.6 miles and not too smelly on the bus! LOL.
    I can do five more miles.

Nice PR, skhill! Awesome!

I missed this weekend's run, sigh... I slept for a good 12+ hours, which means my body probably needed it. I was afraid after that to go out and encourage The Crud to develop. I did get my long ride and a short run in, though. (I, too, use an irrigator, and have been doing so twice a day - I don't know how I'd survive without it, especially when the sinus crud is in town)

I definitely feel better this week after the nap-tastic weekend. Yesterday's ride and today's run felt MUCH better compared to last week. Today was hill repeats, and I went significantly farther in the same amount of time each repeat without feeling like death was following me.

I don't usually get sick, but we traveled back to back AND I stopped my multivitamin and antioxidant because I ran out. So much for the multivitamin not being necessary - I'll have to figure out what it is in there that I'm not getting in my diet. Back on the multivitamin and antioxidant this week. I swear the antioxidant is like a free hour of sleep, it's weird.

Glad you are doing better, Colby. The sinus crud is nasty and I woke up Saturday feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. I couldn't get off the couch much less run 10 miles. I'm better and did my 5 mile run last night after being off a week. It felt pretty good but I am so ready to be done with this training...........Uggggghhhhhh. Like Winding said, it's grueling and the long runs are really cutting into my bike time. I'm already behind everyone else on the bike. I hope I can catch up quickly.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Carrying over into a second week again eh?

Hope you sinus sufferers feel better soon. There's not much that makes me feel sicker than a sinus infection.

I went out for five on Monday @9:20, iced my Achilles afterward, prophylactically, even though they felt fine - so far so good. Going to try another short one this afternoon. I'd like to go a little longer, but time prohibits - maybe I'll get 7-8 anyway.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

So the plan was to run yesterday and bike today. But yesterday it was time to deal w/ the backyard. We have a very tropical landscaping...so it was more like a jungle. Between the frost damage, the weeds and all the new growth...but I digress.

4 miles this AM (before I went back to the jungle). It was very breezy (actually windy). Some head wind, but it was better than when wind was behind my back (= hot!). Beautiful AM!

So 45+ min. Consistent. (consistenly slow). But I am back out there...even if spordically!
    katluvr

I set a new personal distance record this morning - 14 miles! Coach told me to run 11 minute miles (=154 minutes) in my Zone 2 heart rate and I finished at 155 minutes. Close enough.

I feel especially good about it because I rode 186 miles on Saturday and wasn't sure I'd be 100% recovered for this distance, but I managed to do it.

I about fell off my chair when I saw 14 miles on my training plan. Nothing that I'm training for (HIM in June, half mary in October) is longer than 13. So, I sent her an email and asked her what my long runs look like between now and the HIM. Two 14 milers and two 15 milers between now and then. No big deal to you marathoners, but to me these distances are ginormous. I try to take them one step at a time, but when I headed out the door at 4:30 this morning, the sheer length of the thing ahead of me was really overwhelming.

I suppose a marathon is one of those things that should be on my bucket list, but truthfully I just don't think I want to do one.
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post

I suppose a marathon is one of those things that should be on my bucket list, but truthfully I just don't think I want to do one.
    I don't want to do a marathon either, except maybe as part of an IM. Did I miss you write up about your 300K?

So, I'm planning something crazy tomorrow. I'm going for a two hour run.

I know that lots of you do this all the time, but the most I have run at one shot is about 80 minutes. I don't actually expect to run the whole two hours, but I plan on staying out there that long.

Today was an easy 3 miler after work.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I don't want to do a marathon either, except maybe as part of an IM. Did I miss you write up about your 300K?
    Yeah, Jeff keeps egging me on about doing an IM next year. If I do one, it will *also* be my first marathon. 'cuz I'm just not gonna run one a la carte.

Nope, you didn't miss a write-up. I haven't gotten around to doing one yet. Lazy....
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Woohoo Susan!

..... 186 miles? Yikes.

And no one says you have to do a marathon if you don't want to. I probably wouldn't be if I had anything better to do. (And you will also recall two years ago, when seven miles was a ginormous distance to me.)

Speaking of seven miles, I did a little over eight today. Still being careful of my Achilles, but they seem pretty much all right - at least no worse than they were before last week's escapade. Definitely icing them after every run between now and May 16.

I managed to get a big bump on my shin being totally stupid... I went into a little park where there are sidewalks, but kids have also cut some trails. The park's only a couple of city blocks, so I just figured to take one of the trails to get off the concrete. When the trail just ended in a pile of beer bottles I figured that rather than turn around, if I just pushed my way through the palmettos and vines I'd be back on the sidewalk in 20 feet or so... Did I mention I can get lost on a football field? It's a good thing the park wasn't any bigger, but that oak branch I smacked my leg on could've been a little smaller.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    So, I'm planning something crazy tomorrow. I'm going for a two hour run.
    You go girl! I'm sure you have it dialed, but just in case - make sure you carry enough nutrition. I always carry more than I think I need, just in case. This morning I carried 6 Gu. Used 4. Sometimes I get really really hungry on long rides, other times, not so much. Regardless, I always carry alot!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

6 miles again tonight. this is good for me. last year i barely did the 6 mile loop around my house. this year, heck it's all I do... 3x a week, I like it

i seem to be more patient this year with my running. seems i'm enjoying it more. that's how it goes... some years i like biking more, some years running. i'm ready for a change via biking... i'm tired of some of the biking folks i ride with. they eat way too much and ride too little, LOL!!... hoping something new and some new biking friends come my way....

until then, i can always run... run on the weeknights, ride on the weekends

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    I set a new personal distance record this morning - 14 miles! Coach told me to run 11 minute miles (=154 minutes) in my Zone 2 heart rate and I finished at 155 minutes. Close enough.

I feel especially good about it because I rode 186 miles on Saturday and wasn't sure I'd be 100% recovered for this distance, but I managed to do it.
    Wow, Susan! That's awesome. 186 miles on the bike then 14 running??? That's impressive. Don't see any reason why you shouldn't be training for an IM but will agree with you about the marathon. The training for the half is enough for me. I get bored doing the same thing day after day.

Oak, sounds like you are nursing that Achilles tendon along and getting to run. You were worried about that a week ago. I hope it continues to heal and now your leg is hurt too??? Did you crack the same shin that's connected to the bad Achilles tendon or did you mess up your good leg? Sure hope not. From the sound of it, your shin should be a nice purple color by tomorrow.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Did one of my first hard training rides of the season yesterday AND I ran 6 miles afterwards!!! That's a PR for me! Made me super tired today, I still commuted but I was weak. Gonna do it all again tomorrow though,

Did about 5 miles this morning, and I was dragging all the way... The first mile on this route has the steepest climbs in my neighborhood, and there was a pretty good headwind, and I took it too fast (as usual). By the end of that mile, I had a nasty stitch in my side that never went away entirely. It's been a while since that's happened...

So, does anyone have a foolproof way to make a stitch go away? I tried slowing down, walking, stretching, coughing, turning a cartwheel (hey, it was worth trying), but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by WindingRoad View Post
    Did one of my first hard training rides of the season yesterday AND I ran 6 miles afterwards!!! That's a PR for me! Made me super tired today, I still commuted but I was weak. Gonna do it all again tomorrow though,
    Wow.
    Interested to hear how tomorrow goes!
    My photoblog
    http://dragons-fly-peacefully.blogspot.com/
    Bacchetta Giro (recumbent commuter)
    Bacchetta Corsa (recumbent "fast" bike)
    Greespeed X3 (recumbent "just for fun" trike)
    Strada Velomobile
    I will never buy another bike!