Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm jealous! Someone I know placed an online order with Slane Cycles last night after they closed for an in stock frameset. They just received a shipping notification!

Another update here. The third story I was told was that the frameset would arrive today (Friday). Nope! Instead I was told a fourth story... It will arrive Monday and be shipped to me the same day. Stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by usareviewer View Post
    I'm jealous! Someone I know placed an online order with Slane Cycles last night after they closed for an in stock frameset. They just received a shipping notification!

I just got word this person received their frameset yesterday. So they ordered it overnight while Slane Cycles was closed. It shipped the next day when they opened. It arrived in the USA three days later via the USPS, but not via the normal USPS carrier. Package stated delivery by 3 p.m., which did happen. No customs fees. A signature was obtained, but I do not know if it was required.

Another update here. The third story I was told was that the frameset would arrive today (Friday). Nope! Instead I was told a fourth story... It will arrive Monday and be shipped to me the same day. Stay tuned...

Well, the fourth story I was told was correct. My frameset shipped yesterday (Friday). The cool thing was I did not have to wait overnight for the email shipping notice. It seemed to arrive when they actually created the shipping label. Now the question is will it arrive in three days because day three is Thanksgiving or will it be delayed a day till day four.

What else have I learned from dealing with Slane Cycles besides that their communication is bad and lacking? Well, in all cases except one I dealt with Gavin. Once I dealt with David. I found David's information to be very bad. I also felt twice they were not being honest with me. I feel they should have told me after the first story did not happen that there were 20 customers waiting on the same frameset AND size as I had ordered. They also should have explained they expected everything to arrive in one order, but the order was split into four shipments with one arriving about weekly. In other words, my wait was going to be another couple of weeks instead of stringing me along. I prefer complete honesty as a customer. Just communicate with me.

Well, the fourth story I was told was correct. My frameset shipped Monday the 19th. The cool thing was I did not have to wait overnight for the email shipping notice. It seemed to arrive when they actually created the shipping label. Now the question is will it arrive in three days because day three is Thanksgiving or will it be delayed a day till day four.

What else have I learned from dealing with Slane Cycles besides that their communication is bad and lacking? Well, in all cases except one I dealt with Gavin. Once I dealt with David. I found David's information to be very bad. I also felt twice they were not being honest with me. I feel they should have told me after the first story did not happen that there were 20 customers waiting on the same frameset AND size as I had ordered. They also should have explained they expected everything to arrive in one order, but the order was split into four shipments with one arriving about weekly. In other words, my wait was going to be another couple of weeks instead of stringing me along. I prefer complete honesty as a customer. Just communicate with me.

My frameset arrived on Saturday the 24th just before 3 p.m. It was shipped on Monday the 19th, so it took 5 days to get to the USA. Actually I learned Thanksgiving does not count as a shipping day, so it took 4 business days (FYI Saturdays count as shipping business days). The package was guaranteed to arrive in 3 days, but the person delivering the package did not know what had happened to delay it a day. The post office delivered the package, but the employee was not my regular carrier. I was asked to sign for the package. There were no monies for customs or anything due.

Shipping tracking was not very detailed. I could only see when it shipped and when it reached US Customs. The frameset was well packaged.

I have had a few problems with my order. The first was a BB (bottom bracket) came with my frameset, and I asked it NOT be installed. Well it came installed. Slane Cycles has agreed to reimburse me for gas and bike shop labor to get the BB uninstalled. Then they had me send the BB back to them for a replacement new, uninstalled BB (I'm selling it since it will not work with my crankset). Slane Cycles is to reimburse me for the return shipping. The one thing Slane Cycles is NOT agreeing to make right so far is swapping out the seatpost. Slane Cycles state they clamp carbon fiber bikes directly by their frame to bike work stands. My local frameset dealer that removed the BB required the seatpost be installed so he could clamp the frameset to his work stand via the seatpost. This meant I had to install the new seatpost, which I'm selling (can't use it either). I requested Slane Cycles swap out the seatpost for a new, unused one (so I can sell it as new). Slane Cycles refused because they feel the carbon fiber frame should have been clamped into the bike work stand via the frame (not the seatpost). I also was missing a part -- a cable noodle -- that was supposed to be installed in the frameset already. I contacted the frameset manufacturer and they sent the missing part to me at no charge, and I installed it.

I'll update again when my credit card statement arrives.

Well, the fourth story I was told was correct. My frameset shipped yesterday (Friday). The cool thing was I did not have to wait overnight for the email shipping notice. It seemed to arrive when they actually created the shipping label. Now the question is will it arrive in three days because day three is Thanksgiving or will it be delayed a day till day four.

CORRECTION: My frameset shipped Monday the 19 (fourth story) not Friday the 16th (third story)