Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

We don't know what is wrong with you

To disable ads, please log-in.

So I'm back to square one.

I have a lower left pelvic pain that hurts especially when I lay on my side.Sometimes feel it in my back.

My gyno thought I had kidney stones, actually her PA did. I get kidney infection symptoms that go away once I drink water and cranberry juice. They send me to a urologist and he says my blood and urine tests showed results of kidney stones, there was blood in my urine. A CT scan showed NO STONES. So the doctor does this test to look in my bladder and sees no tumors, nothing, he says my bladder looks healthy. (this was not a comfortable test).

So now I have to give him another urine sample in a week, and he is going to test it for cancer. Gee Thanks

He also said I could have a pinched nerve in my lower back. Great.

Not sure what to do.

Is it possibly SI joint pain? I don't know if anyone has suggested that but it could cause somewhat non-descript and generalized symptoms along with the more classic acute ones.

My first thought for the cause of pain is always mechanical, too. But back and SI joint problems don't cause blood in the urine.

When there is quadrant pain and blood in the urine, we send our patients right back to the doc for clearance before we even consider spinal or SI issues.

I'm sorry you are not getting the cause of your problem(s) narrowed down yet, ACG. Hang in there!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

(((((ACG))))) That's so frustrating. Hope you get it diagnosed and resolved soon.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    But back and SI joint problems don't cause blood in the urine.
    Eek, I missed that Shows what happens when I have "help" on my lap while reading TE

I vote ovarian cyst and/or endometriosis. My reason for this is that endometriosis can manifest in so many different ways, it is very hard to diagnose.

I hope it gets resolved soon. Mystery health problems are SO stressful.

(((((ACG)))))

at least they're not telling you it's all in your head

Hope your doc figures it out, and SOON! Being on the "injured reserve" list is no fun, especially in the spring.
    Beth

Thank you so much for the support, no one's ever hugged me like this.

1. My gyn didn't do bloodwork, the basic, run of the mill bloodwork, hasn't in 2 years. I'm going to demand it.
    2. My gyn has a sonogram, can't they at least take a peek? And see what it is? I'm going to demand they do that too.
    3. Blood in urine, I had it during pregnancy, no explanation. Maybe it is cuz I'm 48 now. And maybe cuz I periodically run a few miles from time to time.
    4. I'm researching another gyn, never got the warm/fuzzy from her anyway. Looking for a DO.
    5. Seeing the chiro tomorrow.

I will not stop doing the things I love, I go to a watered down boot camp classl 3 times a week, run with my daugher once a week and ride on weekends. Nope not stopping.

Thanks and hugs to you all. Audrey

Congrats on your resolve to get some action ACG. I didn't have the blood symptoms but did have 12 months of pelvic/hip/lower back pain which resulted in ultrasound looking for stones and eventually a referral to a gynae who wanted to go on a fishing expedition for endo etc. She was just covering her butt, so I asked the GP for a referral to a sports doc instead. He diagnosed a dodgy facet joint with long term inflammation and had me out of pain in 3 days. Anti-inflammatories stopped the negative feedback cycle and coupled with a bike that fits, it's rare that I have any discomfort at all. Go get 'em and good luck.

I've also had on-going issues with pelvic, lower abdominal pain. Also had some bleeding at one point, but realized that was from irritation at the beginning of the riding season, or after a long ride. I also had bladder infection symptoms, especially after long rides.
    My gyn. recommended going to a sports med. doctor after I had a trans-vaginal ultrasound that showed everything was OK. Also saw a urologist to get the possibility of stones crossed off of my list.
    I went straight to the PT, who solved a good deal of the problem. It's always going to be there, but I have lots of these things I do to keep the pain under control.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ACG View Post
    1. My gyn didn't do bloodwork, the basic, run of the mill bloodwork, hasn't in 2 years. I'm going to demand it.
    2. My gyn has a sonogram, can't they at least take a peek? And see what it is? I'm going to demand they do that too.
    3. Blood in urine, I had it during pregnancy, no explanation. Maybe it is cuz I'm 48 now. And maybe cuz I periodically run a few miles from time to time.
    4. I'm researching another gyn, never got the warm/fuzzy from her anyway. Looking for a DO.
    5. Seeing the chiro tomorrow.
    Audrey, a couple of questions for you:

Has your gyne drawn a CA-125 to check levels for ovarian cancer?
    Has your gyne ordered an intravaginal ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts?
    Has your gyne discussed the possibility of endometriosis?
    Have you had uric acid levels checked and/or x-rays to rule out gout?

I hope you get answers soon so that you and your doctor can develop a game plan.

Sundial, thanks for your concern.

I had to find a new gyno. When I asked about bloodwork and a sonogram, she felt that I should be consulting my urologist or my internist. Funny a week later I get a reminder from the office that it is time for my annual exam. Loosers. I'm in the process now of getting my medical records.

My old gyno and urologist all thought I had kidney stones! I did not, the CT scan showed healthy kidneys. (yeah)

The urologist did urine/bloodwork/CT Scan and another exam to look into my bladder(yuck). He found I have Streph B, which is bacterial and attacks, kidney/bladder. Which is why I kept getting UTI's.

Just last week, the urologist had me do more urine tests to rule out other types of cancer too. Still waiting for results.

The urologist thinks some of my pain is due to a pinched nerve, he gave me exercises to do. Not sure about this one, but I'll do the exercises anyway.

I started calling around for gynos, couldn't find a straight gyno only. Talked to a lot of office managers and nurses. Funny, why is it that you can't interview the doctors office? They feel so put out, like they are doing you a favor. But who pays them? I mean I am asking for their expertise to help me keep healthy and I can't ask some simple questions about what I can expect when I go to their office? Finally found one in an office that seemed to have an array of women's specialities. New gyno, seemd on the ball, spent time with me. Asked me a lot of questions. She has ordered several tests for me, which I'm taking this week.

The side pain is much less that it used to be and since I'm drinking a lot of water now, that is helping.

All this is really making me clean up my diet too. Ill keep you posted. Thanks again.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ACG View Post
    New gyno, seemd on the ball, spent time with me. Asked me a lot of questions. She has ordered several tests for me, which I'm taking this week.
    New docs usually spend more time with you and order comprehensive tests. I'm glad you are feeling better and maybe between your uro and gyne they will diagnose the problem.