Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

We don't know what is wrong with you

So I'm back to square one.

I have a lower left pelvic pain that hurts especially when I lay on my side.Sometimes feel it in my back.

My gyno thought I had kidney stones, actually her PA did. I get kidney infection symptoms that go away once I drink water and cranberry juice. They send me to a urologist and he says my blood and urine tests showed results of kidney stones, there was blood in my urine. A CT scan showed NO STONES. So the doctor does this test to look in my bladder and sees no tumors, nothing, he says my bladder looks healthy. (this was not a comfortable test).

So now I have to give him another urine sample in a week, and he is going to test it for cancer. Gee Thanks

He also said I could have a pinched nerve in my lower back. Great.

Not sure what to do.

Is it possibly SI joint pain? I don't know if anyone has suggested that but it could cause somewhat non-descript and generalized symptoms along with the more classic acute ones.

My first thought for the cause of pain is always mechanical, too. But back and SI joint problems don't cause blood in the urine.

When there is quadrant pain and blood in the urine, we send our patients right back to the doc for clearance before we even consider spinal or SI issues.

I'm sorry you are not getting the cause of your problem(s) narrowed down yet, ACG. Hang in there!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

(((((ACG))))) That's so frustrating. Hope you get it diagnosed and resolved soon.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    But back and SI joint problems don't cause blood in the urine.
    Eek, I missed that Shows what happens when I have "help" on my lap while reading TE

I vote ovarian cyst and/or endometriosis. My reason for this is that endometriosis can manifest in so many different ways, it is very hard to diagnose.

I hope it gets resolved soon. Mystery health problems are SO stressful.

(((((ACG)))))

at least they're not telling you it's all in your head

Hope your doc figures it out, and SOON! Being on the "injured reserve" list is no fun, especially in the spring.
    Beth