Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Public behavior plays a big part, too.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older and accruing life experience myself, but I find men who behave with class and integrity to be a lot more attractive, and it's not always based on physical appearance. I guess I've had my fill of letches and jerks.

Roxy, who still gets squishy over Sean Connery
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I totally agree. It's not necessarily about feeling an attraction - it's about recognizing attractiveness. For example, I think my younger brother is a really good looking guy. Am I attracted to him? Hell no! But I can still recognize that he is, in fact, attractive.

That said, I do think taste still plays a role.
    Exactly! Were my brother not my brother he is definitely the sort of guy I would be attracted to. He's tall, dark, handsome with gray/blue eyes and a friendly smile (with the personality to match). Athletic, but not a muscle-head. The jerk got the best physical features of any of us 3 kids...so not fair.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Exactly! Were my brother not my brother he is definitely the sort of guy I would be attracted to. He's tall, dark, handsome with gray/blue eyes and a friendly smile (with the personality to match). Athletic, but not a muscle-head. The jerk got the best physical features of any of us 3 kids...so not fair.
    *snort* Mine too!

My brother is tall, lean, tanned, full head of thick light brown/sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Super intelligent with a witty sense of humor AND he wears a uniform for his career!

I'm short, dark and stocky..."so not fair" is right!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    I'm short, dark and stocky..."so not fair" is right!
    I'm short, pasty, stocky, and asthmatic.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Uh, Sean Connery has a pretty sour reputation as a misogynist. I used to like him until I heard something nasty he said about his wife.

My daughter-in-law just got back from a solo trip to Forks; her little vacation before her third child is born. She was a huge Harry Potter fan, too, even though she was in college. I think she's got a little arrested development thing going on. I've never heard her say what "team" she's on, but I'll bet she doesn't like the pasty one, either.

I turned her on to True Blood. That'll grow her up, fast.

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    Uh, Sean Connery has a pretty sour reputation as a misogynist. I used to like him until I heard something nasty he said about his wife.

Karen
    Does he? Drat. I've never heard that, but I don't pay attention to tabloid-type stuff. I miss a lot of pop culture that way.

Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by channlluv View Post
    Does he? Drat. I've never heard that, but I don't pay attention to tabloid-type stuff. I miss a lot of pop culture that way.

Roxy
    Yeah, Roxy, he told Barbara Walters that he thinks it's okay and sometimes necessary to hit a woman.

http://www.spike.com/video/sean-connery-talks/3034866

nybiker and glc1968 you are right. There is a difference between finding someone attractive and not being attracted to them.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Chick View Post
    Yeah, Roxy, he told Barbara Walters that he thinks it's okay and sometimes necessary to hit a woman.

http://www.spike.com/video/sean-connery-talks/3034866

nybiker and glc1968 you are right. There is a difference between finding someone attractive and not being attracted to them.
    It is sad to hear this, I hadn't heard of this before...

Johnny Depp--beautiful but strange and the guy who played Legolas--can't remember his name right now.

Quote Originally Posted by skinimini View Post
    Johnny Depp--beautiful but strange and the guy who played Legolas--can't remember his name right now.
    Orlando Bloom.
    Road Bike: 2008 Orbea Aqua Dama TDF/Brooks B-68

Ellen
    www.theotherfoote.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    I think she's got a little arrested development thing going on. Karen
    I know you're not talking about the show Arrested Development, but while I'm thinking of it, I'd totally tap Will Arnett or Jason Bateman... yum, and yum!
    Last edited by XMcShiftersonX; 03-31-2010 at 08:58 PM.

I'm revising my earlier post. I'm watching Sherlock Holmes right now, and Robert Downey Jr. is totally hot here.

Roxy

Back in the Rockford Files days...James Garner, just sexy! When he's gone I will cry, just a real man!
    Now the best eye candy around is Matthew Mcconaughey, yup...he's amazing!

+1 on the Robert Downey Jr., glad he made a comeback, and yes, he's an awesome Sherlock Holmes.

Oh and...Eddie Vedder from Pearl jam...I need to stop this!

Quote Originally Posted by channlluv View Post
    I'm revising my earlier post. I'm watching Sherlock Holmes right now, and Robert Downey Jr. is totally hot here.

Roxy
    +1 on Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes I don't remember noticing him in the same way before this movie...but he is hot in this role!

I have to admit to really quite liking Robert Pattinson, much to my 13 year old son's amusement. I've had a thing for him since HP 4 (Pattinson, not my son lol).
    I'm 37 btw.
    My o/h is always being told he looks like Johnny Depp (which isn't a bad thing I guess) I do find that seeing Depp on the cover of magazines etc when I'm shopping makes me do a double take and creeps me out sometimes.