Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

"vegetarian in abbatoir"

To disable ads, please log-in.

Abit of an overstatement. A dramatic metaphor.

But yesterday at a cycling party, I chatted with a cyclist (recumbent cyclist) who had a contract job as a marketer for a major National Hockey League team. Work included facilitating social media groups, ie. Facebook, Twitter fan stuff for hockey fans.

To him, the cycling culture fans and hockey culture fans, were just 2 different worlds. And that's he described how he felt: "A vegetarian in abbatoir. I realize I am not a hockey guy."
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

... coincidentally ... Zdeno Chára of the Bruins says "not at all."
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

We have a few retired Panther's players that ride down here. You can find them on some of the faster group rides.

Both are competitive activities...

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    That's great that these ex-hockey players (or present?) cycle.

I got the impression that the present active professional hockey players that he knew, would not be cycling heavily and regularily due to liability concerns or injuries that would put them out from the "job" as a paid hockey player. Don't know what would be stipulated in their contract.

Cyclist was more referring to himself, as just not so much into hockey in general.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.