Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yellow Springs - Bed and Breakfast

To disable ads, please log-in.

My vacation is going to be the first week of May, and am considering spending the night in the Yellow Springs area to give myself 2 days for a good exploration of local trails and to visit the state park there. Has anyone stayed in either of the Bed and Breakfasts located in Yellow Springs? Just wondering...

I have never stayed at either B & B but, used to work right there at the Glen Helen Outdoor Education center. Nice trails to check out.....don't forget to take a drink from the Yellow Spring ....and they have an interesting raptor center at the main education center. Pretty cool place IMO

My first husband and I were married at Glen Helen.

But I can't tell you about the B&Bs.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Eat at the Winds

But I cant tell you about the B&Bs...

I am glad to hear about all of the attractions of Yellow Springs - even if no one has stayed at either B&B It will help me plan my two days there in the first week of May!

I spoke with one of the B&B and her place is one block from the rail trail and THAT is right next to Glen Haven. Apparently Clifton Gorge? is in easy distance as well. Guess I know where I am going to stay - now just have to have the $$$

I have made my reservations at the B&B for my vacation in less than two weeks! I have NEVER taken a vacation like this one. Usually I just go home and visit my sister, or go somewhere else for a very specific purpose. This time I am just going to spend a few days hiking and biking in Yellow Springs...then come home and continue to do the same for the duration of the week

This is going to be FUN

Have a blast! Multi use trail network is great! John Bryan state park offers trails and lots of shady roads. We always take the kids to Young's Dairy. Plus shops in Yellow Springs are fun to walk around. Enjoy!

I don't know about the B&Bs, but I'm not far from Yellow Springs! I just went up there last Friday for a bluegrass show and wine tasting.
    “Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all.”
    - Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by artifactos View Post
    I don't know about the B&Bs, but I'm not far from Yellow Springs! I just went up there last Friday for a bluegrass show and wine tasting.
    If you like Bluegrass you should check out the Comet in Northside on Sunday nights - the Bluegrass all-stars are great!

I can highly recommend the Arthur Morgan B&B if someone wants to stay in Yellow Springs, OH. The biking and hiking opportunities there are great I see many day-trips in my future this summer, it is only a 2 hour drive from my front door!

Oh, you start showing up after I move! I see how it is!
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Oh, you start showing up after I move! I see how it is!
    We didn't know you were there

I fell in love with Yellow Springs though - between the B&B, the hiking and the biking I will certainly be back!

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    We didn't know you were there

I fell in love with Yellow Springs though - between the B&B, the hiking and the biking I will certainly be back!
    Just teasing. Yellow Springs is north (and east, I think) of me. If you want to come south you can say hi! (I'm off the Little Miami trail, not the Great Miami)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Owlie View Post
    Just teasing. Yellow Springs is north (and east, I think) of me. If you want to come south you can say hi! (I'm off the Little Miami trail, not the Great Miami)
    The Little Miami goes through Yellow Springs, yes? Or am I confused? Anyway, my intention before winter is to ride it from Yellow Springs and Cincinnati (or as close as I can get) and back again. Is this the trail you are on? If not, then I can always check out the trail you are on, it would be great to meet someone from TE!

I must admit that I am falling in love with the Ohio infrastructure for cycling, the rail trails are great!