Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Have you done any dirt time lately?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yo yo to the folks who love to dirt time

Have you done much dirt time lately? Any coolio moments?

We have our first club related race of the season next weekend so we ventured out to the trail in question today. Ahhh...lovely..left hand uphill corners have become something I need to take it slowly on as they're harder than right handers for me. (i rely on my right eye...)

Weeeharrrr

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Sigh.
    No dirt time around here.
    Winter snow - and now spring mud - have pretty much kept trails un-rideable.

Hopefully, when things dry out, we'll get back out there.

CC and all others..
    I went out yesterday and did a hill climb of approx. 6 miles and 12 round trip. I am feeling it today though. I think I overdid myself yesterday. It was on a unimproved road close to home and without a bunch of traffic which was the best part.

This was my first ride on dirt. I have a hardtail, so not FS. But after yesterday, I have a greater respect for all of those that mountain bike. If you can do this your in great shape. I just need to work in gradually to this and not do Leadville the first time out (so to speak).

Red Rock

Of course I haven't done this, but in a few years I hope to as pavement is interesting enough for this cycling novice right now

Yesterday I hiked several of the more difficult MTB trails in Brown County State Park here in Indiana for a few hours, and had a good time watching the mtb riders. Thankfully the lack of leaves helped me to see them coming so I could get out of their way It was educational and fun to watch them! There is a nice series of single-track trails in this park so I will certainly be heading back for more hiking. Hopefully there will come a time when I will be on wheels rather than feet! I found the mtb trails much more interesting to hike than their dedicated "walking" trails - and thankfully they are hike/bike trails.

I have done a couple of rides about a month ago, realized the rainy winter made me lose a lot of my skill. Since I am prone to silly crashes I have stayed of the dirt until I finish my half marathon next weekend. It was way to painful to run with the bruises I got from a slow-mo fall at the end of January.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I skipped out on work Friday to get in my first single-track ride. Overall I felt really good, but I got nervous during one technical section and ended up walking more than I'd like to admit.

And just now rode about 15 miles of single-track with DH for date night Perfect conditions! Although the trail was covered with a lot of fallen leaves so it was hard to see in places.

I drove 5 hrs to Tucson to ride a couple days last weekend (Starr Pass and Fantasy Island, the added bonus is grandparents to watch the kids while I go) and then rode 15m. in Sedona yesterday (near Dry Creek). It was fantastic, wee hoo! I felt really good. But now I'm really anxious for our trails in Flagstaff to melt and dry. We've had record snow, it could be awhile...
    "I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." Susan B Anthony

I'm getting ready for a 24hr solo and have been logging a lot of time in the saddle lately. I took out my new mountain bike yesterday (named El Blanco) for a singletrack bonding session on trails near my house. The weather here was fantastic and totally felt like summer!

I went to a trail I haven't been to yet and it was a short ride, about an hour. Our trails here are relatively flat, single track. It was an easy trail but I will admit that I fell over once, darn those mini inclines. I was hit by a car on my road bike several years ago (broke my wrist and have a plate with screws) so I still have a fear of breaking something. Almost hit a tree too, but not bad for my first time out in a while. My favorite trail opens April 1st and I found out that there is another trail by one of my jobs. Can't wait to try that one.

Woohoo!! I finished my half marathon, now it is time to get dirty! I think we are heading to a new course next weekend. I have to wipe down my bike and get her ready to rock the trail.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Snow is melted, now we just need to survive the freeze/thaw cycle, and get my new rear triangle back from the mfg and on my bike.

Not coming fast enough for me.

8 miles today. Slow and painful, but it felt good to be out on the MTB again!

Did a little over 7 miles today at a new trail. It wasn't overly technical but I felt like it was. I lost so much confidence not riding through the wet winter. Only one way to get that back - ride more!
    Amanda

weeeeeee

All I can say is Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..

We did just shy of 20 hilly, semi-technical miles today. I have a new bike and I think we are starting to become friends. It was an awesome day.

The trails here are finally drying out.