Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Friday - March 19th Rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

A short ride today, even by my standards, but the head/cross wind got my attention. I still had fun though and was at least able to get out there for 30 minutes Not that long ago I would have considered it quite a long ride!

Yesterday I biked for about an hour, and did two hours worth of spinning. I was not all that tired after all of that, so I think that I can start adding time to my riding sessions I am SO glad that I didn't wait until March to purchase my first bike!

15 miles including a cruise around the IU campus this evening. Started a diet today to start getting ready for RAIN, so I took it at a good and aggressive clip. It feels good to be back on the bike!
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Smile

Don't know exactly how far I went today. We're tweaking my fit, and the ride was split between 2 bikes. Lots of tooling around the neighborhood, touring Duke's campus, picking up bread from the bakery - that sort of thing. Spring is here - the temperature was perfect and the trees are in bloom. What more could you want?
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    21 kms. then went grocery shopping. The weather was great but had to get back to join him cleaning home, etc. before entertaining guests tonight.

City is nearly back to "normal" since this is the tail-end days of Paraolympics. "Normal" means more closed roads have opened up for cars.

But they are keeping 1-2 spots closed downtown..not sure..it's until summer. Find it hard to believe it takes that long to dismantle the temporary stage areas, free zipline that people were flying over an outdoor arena during the Olympics. It was an area of high crowds, activity during Olympics. Where people had free happy fun in public spaces.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I didn't go into work today. It was my Personal Day and I picked a great day! Sunny, warm, and beautiful. I got a wonderful 40 mile bike ride in. Started straight from my home and did my Bonney Lake/Sumner/Orting/South Prairie/Buckley/Bonney Lake Loop!

Dropped down into Sumner from Bonney Lake on a 3 mile fast downhill WOW! Love coming down that hill. Hit 40 mph. In Sumner the daffodil fields were full of gorgeous beautiful daffodils. This weekend would have been a perfect one for the annual Daffodil Classic Bike Ride but it's not for another month. April 18th. By then all these daffodils will be gone. We have been getting unseasonable warm weather all winter long. No complaints from me! I took all of these photos with my cell phone camera. Not the best quality.

After enjoying the daffodils I continued on towards Orting. From Orting you have fantastic views of Mt. Rainier.

From Orting I head towards South Prairie. On the way I follow the Carbon River. I saw a lot of wild life today. Bald eagles over the river, mallards, and some domestic ones too. Horses, cows, sheep, and buffalo.

From South Prairie the climbing begins. Remember that hill I zoomed down at the start into the valley? Well now it was time to climb up out of the valley into Buckely. It was a long winding climb but it felt good. From Buckley I got onto Old Buckley highway which took me past farmland, fields and pastures, and some gorgeous homes.

40 miles later I was back home!

Tomorrow I begin my local bike club's training series. Tomorrow will be the first ride of the 16 week long series. 43 miles working up to our last ride on July 3rd of 168 miles with 9,000 feet of climbing. It's to get cyclist in my area ready for the big summer rides.