Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Running Skorts

Under Armour Running Skort

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been looking for a replacement of the Athleta running skort and found one of these made by Under Armour. I ran in it last night and it's really comfortable, lightweight, and didn't crawl up my legs. I don't like it as well as my Athletas but it's the first one I've found that comes close.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

lululemon and Skirtsports Running Skirts

I have completely switched from shorts to skorts/skirts for running in warm conditions. Like a lot of you, I have larger thighs and chafing has always been a problem for me at longer distances with regular running shorts. So far, I love the skirts I have, but I will mention that I've only run in them in distances up to 7 miles so far.

I have skirts from two different manufacturers - Skirtsports and lululemon. All of them are very comfortable, and I've had no chafing and very little creeping or other monkey business going on. Like I said above, I'm a convert to the running skirt.

The Skirtsports skirt I have is (I think) the gym girl one. I love the iPod pocket it has. While I like the configuration of the pockets in general, I wish that there were a zippered pocket on it too, because I always worry about losing my keys while running. The length of the shorties is nice, but I still get a little sausage leg with them. The skirt covers it though.

I have 2 lululemon skirts, one is the pace setter model the other is the speed model. I absolutely LOVE the design and materials of these skirts (they are pretty girly and both have ruffles on the bum). Both have 2 little pockets in front where you can stash a gel and a small zipper pocket on the back. I wish the shorties were a bit longer on these skirts, but they do have grippers to keep them in place. Again, I get a little sausage leg that's completely covered by the skirt. I wish the skirt had a better way to stash an MP3 player. I am willing to forgive the little things I would change about the skirts because I just feel feminine and powerful and beautiful when I wear them.
    (I know lululemon is a Canadian company, but they do have some stores in the US and they offer free shipping to US customers. Also, I do not work for nor am I affiliated with lululemon in any way!)

FYI, I wear a small from Skirtsports and a medium (size 8) from lululemon.
    2010 Scott Speedster Limited/Bontrager Inform RL
    2008 Cannondale Rush 2 Feminine/Terry Butterfly
    2005 Cannondale F400/Terry Butterfly

I love my recently acquired Athleta "CYA" skirt.

Goes great over UnderArmour shorts, Saucony capris, or CWX tights.

Short. Cute. Hides my fat butt.

Absolutely no problem at all to run in.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson