Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2010 Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic

To disable ads, please log-in.

Registration for the 2010 Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic is now open!

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=9764

Date: Sunday, June 13, 2010
    Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    Where: Brown County State Park, Nashville, IN

The Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic was founded in 2005 and is quickly becoming one of the most popular women's mountain bike events in the Midwest. We strive to offer safe, responsible and effective guidance to riders of all skill levels, while also teaching the importance of trail etiquette, safety and advocacy. We feel strongly that our volunteers, coaches and staff will lead the way as advocates for safe, organized and responsible mountain biking.

Check out the new event website at http://www.midwestwomensclinic.com for more info on the 2010 event!

We are working harder than ever at improving the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic. This year, many of our instructors will be certified through the International Mountainbike Instructor Certification (IMIC) program. We are making sure all our participants receive the same quality insturction no matter what their skill level may be!

For more info on the IMIC certification, go to www.midwestwomensclinic.com/imic.html

Be sure to join us on Facebook for up to date information and exciting announcements.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nashvi...8998885?ref=ts

If looking to the left in the picture, I am RIGHT NEXT to the banner. I had an awesome experience coaching at this clinic last year and will be back to teach even more riders this year!

Thanks Tania for all the hard work you do to bring this together!

If anyone is planning on going and has questions, ask away!

TJ

Win a FREE entry to the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic on Sunday, June 13.

Check out the "Design our T-Shirt" contest for more details. Submit your entry today!

www.midwestwomensclinic.com/contest.html

Bummer! I already have a "girl's trip" planned for that weekend.

Do NOT tell my road riding buddy about this, the one who keeps trying to get me on a MTB.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

dirt

But Oakleaffffffffff..dirt time's soooo much fun!!! Much more exciting than getting buzzed by cars, putting up with pedestrians etc.

Come on....try mtn biking..

Part of me wants to go to this so bad! I really need the skills help. But, my shoulder from my road bike crash last Fall is only held together with scar tissue now. If I crash on it I am toast *sigh*. And there is always some crashing in mtb. Well, that's what the skills clinic would be for... to improve on my rate of crashing to riding ratio lol.

EDIT ADD: OK, in looking at the skill levels listed, I think I'm still beginner. The pics of obstacles, I know how to do part of them. It's just certain things at a beginner level I can't seem to figure out how to negotiate through, i.e. rock garden piles coupled w/roots going up-hill on a curve/switchback... lol I dunno wth I'm doing... except for certain that crashing into rock piles HURTS.

OK... if this link works, this is what I'm talking about... usually me and the bike end up in a bloody bruised mess right along with the rocks in the pile...
    http://indytriple.smugmug.com/Sports...44257371_B2by2
    Last edited by Miranda; 04-06-2010 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Do NOT tell my road riding buddy about this, the one who keeps trying to get me on a MTB.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    But Oakleaffffffffff..dirt time's soooo much fun!!! Much more exciting than getting buzzed by cars, putting up with pedestrians etc.

Come on....try mtn biking..
    Frankly, I think you would love parts of mtb more than you ever thought. One aspect is the nature. Enjoying the countryside from the road pavement is one thing. Taking it all in on the dirt with nature's creatures is just awesome.

It does help to have a buddy that is not all about b@lls to the wall all out. That would be one of my guy buddies who took me on an advanced trail a couple times. Way above my current skill level. His way of riding, being a racer of that trail, is all about how fast you can do it. Mine is part wheee this downhill was fun... but part, aren't the trees lovely??? Somehow he never seems to notice the trees (cuz they are in a blur as he zips by lol).

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Congratulations to Kelly McGuire of Carbondale, IL on her winning t-shirt design entry! Kelly's design is simple, eye catching and easy to recognize. Look for it on our 2010 event t-shirt! Pre-order your event t-shirt today! A limited number of shirts will be available for purchase during the event.

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=9764

I like the t-shirt! It pops. And also doubles as hunter's safety orange... thus you don't get mistaken for game in the woods when mtb and potentially shot. Love it when multitasking works out so beautifully.

Here is a list of bikes available for the bike and product demo on Saturday, June 12. We're looking into getting some bikes out there for the guys as well, so stay tuned!

Trek WSD "Fit for Women" Truck
    Ex8 14,15,16,17
    Top fuel 15,16,17
    8000 14,15,16,17
    Hifi plus (29er) 15.5

Kona
    Lisa One20 Deluxe 14, 16
    Kula Lisa 16
    Lisa Deluxe 16

Booths available from
    HMBA
    Mad March Inc.