Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Red or Gold Seatposts?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi all -

Does anyone know who carries a red or gold seatpost? I've looked at some of KCNC's products which carry both, but I heard that the company had some problems with the titanium bolts snapping and saddles flying off. Anyone have any experience with KCNC products?

Thanks in advance

Out of curiosity, I did a search on RoadBikeReview's forums for KCNC seatposts. One thread, in particular, caught my eye. Somebody who apparently works at a bike shop said that he sells a lot of the Pro Lite post. He spoke favorably of them. He mentioned that there were some quality control issues at one time, but that they'd been ironed out by KCNC. The post was from May of 2009. You might go to the RBR and so your own search to see what comes up.

In looking at KCNC's site, I noticed that the posts are zero offset. Do you know whether that will work for you? I, personally, have to use a post with quite a bit of offset in order to get my knees properly positioned on my pedals. Just an additional thought to throw out there.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Not solid, but you can engrave these with a red or gold pattern: http://www.purelycustom.com/p-270-al...ost-272mm.aspx
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

check these out

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but http://www.eighthinch.com also Origin 8 and Kalloy Uno make anodized seatposts, handlebars, etc.

They probably aren't the highest quality or lightest, but they are colored!

The fixters love coordinating their rides
    Last edited by radicalrye; 03-12-2010 at 09:42 PM.

ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622
    yay for google

i've bought a few things from the Chasertech ppl who are selling this seatpost and they are good sellers fyi

oh annndd if you look at their general items for sale they have gold seatposts too!

i use an anodized purple kalloy uno seatpost on my fixed gear and has held up really well
    Last edited by radicalrye; 03-12-2010 at 09:48 PM.