Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: bike building

To disable ads, please log-in.

the dorky bike mechanic is uncomfortable, because you probably know a heck of a lot more about bike building than he ever will. you rock!!!!!

LOL! Yeah, I wish I knew as much! At least in theory I do but not in practice! Guess I better start trying more things on my own.

Oh, speaking of trying things on my own - I blew up my new tire yesterday and BAM! It exploded right in my ear! What a weird sensation that was and my ear is still ringing to day. Now, I know not to trust my tire gauge and double check that the bead is seated properly. That was one scary moment (that I laugh about now)!

Cheers,
    Kristina

Bashguard- I thought those went on your head...

Cool- kinda blows that they wouldn't let you play, but rock rings are great.
    Maybe you need to check out another shop- one where the guys will talk bike with you, then you can ask questions and eventually weasel your way into the back. Thats what I did, but at the time I was the only woman around town riding dirt seriously, and so I was a rare treat I guess. (sheds tear for squandered youth, shakes fist at gods) Learn to flirt.
    It sounds really cheesy, but those magazines like Mountain Bike and Bicycling, who run exactly the same ten issues every year, have a lot of good stuff on basic machanics, and tips 'n tricks. And lots of pictures for the slightly learning disabled among us (all those headplants).

missliz
    Last edited by missliz; 04-17-2003 at 08:49 PM.

The Goddess is right- that does sound like an insecurity thing.