Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

March/April weight loss challenge

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'll be setting up another chart. Anyone interested in joining us for the next two months, just post here and let me know. I'll add you in to the chart and post a link to it by the end of the week.

Weigh in on Friday 5 March 2010 (or soon thereafter, whatever works for your own schedule) and post it here along with your goal for the end of April. I'll add you on in to the chart!

Here's to a successful two months for all of us!
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Thanks for all of your work on this! Please put me down for 139 for this challenge.

Tucker Cat has to lose another two pounds. The vet thinks he should be a 13 pound kitty instead of a 15 pound kitty. Well, really 15.5 pounds. He is a little tubby.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I'm in. I will have my starting weight and my goal on Friday. Friday will mark the one year anniversary of TE weight loss. There have been many a time when I have thought about the Friday weigh in and made a better decision because of it. I would like to thank Possegal for all her work in keeping of the chart which has helped me loose weight and stay motivated to loose more weight, so a big THANK YOU POSSEGAL.

Thanks for all you do for us Possegal!

I'm in for March/April and my goal is 228 for the 2 months.
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

You are all very welcome! Glad to be able to help.

I've got Tucker Cat down for a goal of 13. Makes me chuckle because it reminds me of the dieting days with my Bailey Cat - he of my avatar fame.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

I want in.

I'm new to this forum as well as cycling. Just got my first serious road bike in January and have been trying to learn all I can. So far I'm hooked! Reading everything on here is super helpful. Right now I'm working on clipless pedals. Took my first fall this weekend, but plan to get on and try again next weekend.

I'd love to have somewhere to keep track of weightloss and motivate me to keep at it. I've been on a long journey and have lost about 100 pounds in the past couple years, but I am finding the last 20-30 (I really don't even know where I should be because I've always been overweight) really challenging to get off. Cycling brought me under 170 for the first time ever, so I'm excited to keep at it and pedal off as much as I can.

So put me down for starting at 166 and the goal for this time as 158. I think eventually I am shooting for 140-150, but I'll have to see when I get there.

I actually made progress last time, so count me in again. Goal this time is ideally under 200, but I think I'll be a bit more realistic and set my goal at 205 for now.

Thank you, Possegal, for keeping track of all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Possegal View Post
    I've got Tucker Cat down for a goal of 13. Makes me chuckle because it reminds me of the dieting days with my Bailey Cat - he of my avatar fame.
    Thanks - it's funny how changing his food changes his behavior. Last year we took him off dry because he was FAT - 17 pounds and started both kitties on a high quality canned food. He dropped down to 15 pounds, but then gained back a 1/2 pound. Anyway, when we switched to canned it was quite apparent how lethargic he had gotten and he was only a year old.

We've reduced their canned amount from 1.5 cans a day total for the pair of them to one can. Cassie is the same as ever, but Tucker's energy level has increased again. It's weird. But it makes sense too. I guess if you're heavy, you use a lot of your energy just getting around. His current favorite toy - travel packs of Kleenex.

Anyway - thanks for including him. It helps me to keep track and stay focused since I'm really the one in charge of the kitty diet.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by erickkat View Post
    I want in.

I'm new to this forum as well as cycling. Just got my first serious road bike in January and have been trying to learn all I can. So far I'm hooked! Reading everything on here is super helpful. Right now I'm working on clipless pedals. Took my first fall this weekend, but plan to get on and try again next weekend.

I'd love to have somewhere to keep track of weightloss and motivate me to keep at it. I've been on a long journey and have lost about 100 pounds in the past couple years, but I am finding the last 20-30 (I really don't even know where I should be because I've always been overweight) really challenging to get off. Cycling brought me under 170 for the first time ever, so I'm excited to keep at it and pedal off as much as I can.

So put me down for starting at 166 and the goal for this time as 158. I think eventually I am shooting for 140-150, but I'll have to see when I get there.
    Welcome and good for you, Erickkat! That's awesome.

Put me down again...........I didn't make it last time. Maybe I'll do better this time with the weather getting nicer. I can only hope. Goal: 145

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Hi ladies, I am also new to cycling and am hoping it will help me loose weight, get fit & have a lot of fun doing it. Currently I am 187 and am hoping for 170. Please put me down and I will try my best to loose the belly fat!

I would love to participate in this. I live in NC and we have had snow on the ground since Dec. 18. My husband and I have ridden a couple of times..but most of my workouts are on my trainer. I weigh 143 and would like to be 135 by the end of April. I have never posted or been part of any threads...so this part is new to me. Do we now post our weight each week????
    Thanks for doing this thread.

Hi All!

Can I come back? I think I'm finally getting into the right place mentally to begin my weight loss journey again. I'd love to join you all!

I don't know my current weight so once I weigh-in tomorrow, I'll set my goal. I'm shooting for 1% a week - so my end of April goal will be 8% down (assuming this challenge is 8 weeks long).

Thanks!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Thanks for everything, Possegal!

I was 129.5 this moring, so let's start me there. I'm trying to weigh myself less often, so I don't plan to get on the scale tomorrow. Put me down for a goal of 127. I made it halfway there in the last challenge, and am hoping for the other half on this one!
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Possegal - I don't know what happened this week. Before we officially start tomorrow, I want to change my goal to 141... I did weigh today, but will wait to weigh again tomorrow since that is the first official day. Perhaps I will weigh less by then