Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

You might be able to rent a trailer. As long as it is a skewer mount type you could pull one with your Ruby without risk of damaging it.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Do not mount a rack to a Ruby. Trailer is your best option in the short term. In the long term, you may want to consider buying a quality road worthy touring bike. Many excellent choices abound. (Trek 520, Jamis Aurora and Aurora Elite, Surly LHT, Cannondale Touring, Rivendell Atlantis, etc, etc) I've heard of people touring with road bikes, but I wouldn't. There is no bike that uniformly works for "every type of riding." Each have their strengths and weaknesses. Touring bikes have wider tires, lower gear ratios, longer chainstays (to prevent heel strike), usually steel frames (can be aluminum ie. Cannondale Touring1&2.) *Touring bikes don't roll as fast as road bikes but a leisurely pace is best to prevent fatigue and maintain stamina.* I would not want a road bike tire width if I had to cross a suspension bridge. Eeep. Also, road bike rims aren't made for hauling. Increased spoke count on Touring bikes decreases wheel stress.

Short answer: Each bike has its purpose. I wouldn't use a Ruby as bad a$$ as they are. I would save up for a touring bike. Keep the Ruby too, they each have their merits.
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa
    2009 Trek 520-Brooks B-17 Special in Antique Brown
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker-Brooks B-17 Standard in Black
    1983 Fuji Espree Single Speed-Brooks B17 British Racing Green