Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

So happy to find this place!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've only been biking for a few months, so I'm really new. I'm 38 years old and excited to finally find a way to get in shape that's fun! I was riding an old, used mountain bike that was too small, but just this week I got a brand new bike (a Rodriguez road bike) and the difference is amazing. I feel faster and stronger. I live in the Pacific Northwest, and my husband and I are hoping/planning to ride in the STP. I have a lot of training to do between now and then.

Nice to meet all of you!

Welcome!

Congrats on the new steed! One requirement of all posts regarding new bikes, a PHOTO! This is the greatest site for cyclists.

Oh, okay! Here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by bikechick View Post
    Oh, okay! Here it is:
    Oooooh, pretty! Beautiful bike, congratulations!

That is such a pretty bike!!! You will love riding that one I hope!! I can't wait for the weather to get a little warmer to ride. My bike is getting sad sitting in the driveway. I guess it's better than sitting in the bike store though! At least it has a home... ;oP

Welcome from another Rodriguez rider! Be sure to check in on the Northwest section of the board, there are occasionally opportunities to meet up and ride with other TE'ers on the board.

Great Looking Bike

Good for you. I too am 38, but I live in NY, so without that California weather, I won't be riding any time too soon. I am thinking about a trek or possibly a gary fisher bike for my first road bike. I received some awesome advice right on this website, and I am looking forward to getting my new bike.

I too am grateful for this site. Its awesome.

From one Bike Chick to another...........welcome! Nice bike. I know you will enjoy it.

Welcome to you too backinthesaddle. You both will really enjoy this site and learn a lot from these ladies.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Wow what a gorgeous bike, congrats!!

Congrats!

From another bike(r)chic...!

Beautiful bike! I'm sure you'll get lots of enjoyable years out of it.

Wow STP I wish I would have done it while I was living in Portland, don't be like me and regret you didn't do it. It will be a milestone in your life and I've heard it's an awesome ride.

Welcome to TE!
    Life is like a 10 speed bike, we all have gears we never use.
    Charles Schultz

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community."Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895