Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: Solids or Prints?

Voters
145. This poll is closed
  • I like solid and color block tops.

79 54.48%
  • I like prints.

66 45.52%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Solids or Prints

To disable ads, please log-in.

Are you a solid or a prints kind of gal? Are Sheila Moon's wild print tops just your thing, or do you prefer to stick to solids and color-blocks?
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Having just watched the Canari line come through on your RSS new product feed, I'm voting for prints, but.....I don't like Sheila Moon's prints nor do I like Terry's prints. However, but the Canari line made me scream "Boring!"

However, I love my multicolored jerseys. Yet, almost all of the patterns, tho, "say something"--they represent a larger picture instead of just repeats of a pattern.

OT -- the RSS feed of new products is just evil....really, really evil to tease us on a regular basis with new products....my pocket book will never be the same.

Solid color for the most part, but I love wild armwarmers with a matching solid jersey. Like having a tattoo but not.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Solid by preference... and on the bike, hi-viz.

I'd love a little bit of a pattern. But I guess anything even minimally visible is already too dorky for the manufacturers to bother trying to make it attractive.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Both!

I would go with a mixture of both some how. I like the idea of a solid/Hi-Vis and wild arm warmers. I did like last years Shelia Moon stuff. Stock is not such that I could purchase now even. The pattern was more geometric instead of what I call "girly". I can not see myself in a lot of pink or flowers. I'm more light brown, and sage colors. Call them "natural" colors. Terry is a bit wild for me even. They tend to be on the geometric side. I do not understand how a car would see the cyclist in some of those jerseys.

I guess part of my thinking when purchasing is first visability, then practicalitiy. I hope this helps.

Red Rock

I voted for solid/block, but I have to say that I love these jerseys also: Amici Veloci, and the two TE contest winners that I got last year--the watercolor and the flourishes. Love them.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I was going to vote solid color, but then I thought about my jerseys. The non- wool ones I wear all have a design, but it's not a pattern. I love my Amici Veloci jersey and my Little Red Riding Hood jersey. I thought really hard about getting all of last year's contest winners, but I really didn't need any more jerseys.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I don't like geometric shapes, I dislike Sheila Moon's designs, but I love most of Primal's. For an example I love their Kokomo jersey but dislike the Sakura so I guess that I fall into the design but not pattern camp. Solids are fine, as long as they are vibrant and bright.

Patterns/Prints vs. Designs

For purposes of the poll, patterns / prints / designs should all be treated as equivalent.

Solids / color block is things like solid color body with different color side panels, or sleeves -- ie blocks of (different colors of) solid colored fabric sewn together to create the jersey.

Thanks!
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

I'm a solid girl

I feel more athletic in solids but I love feminine colors.

I have both. But, I've switched from more solids to prints. Most of my prints are more of a design. I have one Sheila Moon LS jersey i love, but most of her stuff is too busy and girly for me. I don't really think too much about this and buy what ever hits me as nice.

I have both, but I feel that solids/colorblock designs are more visible on the road. I don't do girly- my prints are all bold graphic designs or team jerseys.

I voted for solids. But, like someone else mentioned, I love stuff with a design - a tribal graphic, or some of the Primal designs with a big, bold design. I even liked the older Trashy Cat jerseys that had just half a big sunflower - one design, not a repetitive, little pattern. I just hate things like the little flowers, swirls, bubbles, etc., of the Terry products -- too girly, too frilly.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by pedal wench View Post
    i voted for solids. But, like someone else mentioned, i love stuff with a design - a tribal graphic, or some of the primal designs with a big, bold design. I even liked the older trashy cat jerseys that had just half a big sunflower - one design, not a repetitive, little pattern. I just hate things like the little flowers, swirls, bubbles, etc., of the terry products -- too girly, too frilly.
    you said it!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.