Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Shhhhh.....Ya didn't hear it from me....

To disable ads, please log-in.

But word from the inside is that Giant is coming out with a WSD 29er.
    They are doing some mid year launches, and have 2 lower price point 29ers that will be in stores soon (on water now), and also a wsd model and full suspension model that will be in stores June/July. Actually not sure if the wsd is also on the water, or set for summer?? Hopefully sooner than later!!

Have no price or specs on them, but excited to see them. And will post when I have more info.
    They also have some other non mtn mid year launch bikes as well.
    I just LOVE new bikes- and can't keep a secret to save my life!! ha ha

Oooooooohhhhhh! I can't wait for the kids to be out of daycare so I can afford a bike again! A 29er would be soooo much FUN!

I know huh?
    I guess Giant did some research and found that the sub 1k 29er category, as well as wsd and full suspension were under served. Yet beginners are liking the way the 29er rolls on trails.
    I can't wait to see them! My "insider" tells me they are pretty sweet looking.

On another note. I am happy with the trend lately to introduce lower cost options, without sacrificing quality. Felt's new Q620 hard tail is AWESOME!
    649.00 gets you hydraulic disc brakes and a deore shadow rear D. And the Q520 at 469.00 looks like a bike in the 1k range.
    Our market was slammed in this recession, so it's getting harder and harder for people to be able to afford a nice bike.