Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Really? It's gotten that bad that you're just throwing your vodka bottles out the door?
    My cousin said to me - now I see why you were doing so much shoveling! I told her it's like my own version of a Kong. Hide some treasure to encourage the shoveling.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

They've plowed the parking lot in our courtyard and now some of my neighbors are out shoveling around their cars. I'm waiting until tomorrow to shovel. I just showered and changed into fresh pajamas. Now I'm gonna eat cookies.

Rox has been studying levitation.

I got plowed out for $10.00!
    Photos here-
    http://picasaweb.google.com/zencentu...aSnowfall2010#
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Snow Angel!

I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

I thought of doing that but have no one to help me up

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    I thought of doing that but have no one to help me up
    Actually, neither did I; wasn't easy getting up!
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

I cleaned my bike. Again. Put on new bar tape. I'm supposed to be racing next weekend. I'll look ready, but my body definitely won't be. Haven't been able to ride 54 miles (my race distance) but a handful of times, at best, this year (can't make it that long on the trainer...and I hate the trainer).

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    Snow Angel!
    Deck Dive!

My brother and sister in law, back in pittsburgh, have been without power since 10:30 last night. Their road was finally plowed enough that they could get out and go to a hotel to try and get warm. 30 minutes after checking in, power goes out at the hotel. I will not be buying any lottery tickets with them. They need to try and get to one of our sibs houses who still have power. UGH.

My niece here lost power earlier, she told me she was reading a book by her bike LED light.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

There's already a wiki on this storm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A...izzard_of_2010

My power went out for a couple hours this morning, but that was it. I heard from 7rider this morning - she wasn't going to whitetail (or anywhere) and her power had gone out at 6 am and still wasn't back on. Hopefully she's got power again, but she hasn't posted since.

My nice neighbor nextdoor with a snowblower did the sidewalk in front of my house & in front of my car, so I couldn't very well sit inside and be lazy during - so shovelled the walkway from my front door & along side the car.

Then we went out with cross country skis and got quite a workout (definitely not a good idea to fall over, cause even with poles it's hard to get back up) and came back and finished digging the cars out even though the road isn't plowed.

My mom was without power from about midnight until around 4 this afternoon.
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

WE had power bumps Friday night at the Emergency Center but kept power. I fell in a snow bank walking home from work on Saturday. We've been bundled up till my son shoveled out the car. Good times!!!

I think the folks in Monty county had it the worst---all those power outages!!! And the roof collapses...

Fingers crossed that OPM shuts us down tomorrow. There is no way we could get our cars out---no plow has been through yet and the county anticipates not hitting the neighborhoods until 48 hours after the snow stops (tomorrow pm).

On our slog/walk through the neighborhood yesterday, we saw a neighbor with a snowblower who had cleared off his entire cul de sac! Of course, the road to which it connects was impassible, despite the plow having gone through earlier (that one is a secondary road).

DH just went out on foot to get the NYT and the Post, since there is no way the paper delivery guys will make it. Hopefully, the Safeway will be open.

That's on the patio table.

One of the missing ferals has shown up for food, the sturdy one; the other was the very skinny, very decrepit cat. These two are always together, and to have one show up without the other...

The rest of my blizzard photos are here.

This front bump is a vw passat wagon. back bump is my subaru.