Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

See, and I love it when a recipe includes ounces (or grams) so that I can weigh my ingredients and get the right amount every time.

Kacie - in that recipe, are the weights the correct measurement, or are the cups the right ones?
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I use the cups and it turns out really well.

I just made a new batch and included a few dark chocolate chips Yum!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

Congrats on finding a sports nurtitionist. I tried a few years ago...when I was regularly training for some event and still could not lose weight (and still haven't). I found it very hard to find one, then they were all too busy. One referred me to one of her "clients" that was training for an IM and was also a nutritionist. She was a sweet young thing but not what I need. The days I ate "best" were always the days that I had a lean cuisene pizza for dinner...really now!
    I feel I "know" what to do, but I am so inconsistent. But then I again I not sure I really do know what to do!
    As for your recipe...cal, pro,carb, fat per serving...do you have that?
    katluvr

I plugged the ingredients into nutritiondata.com and came out with the following for the ENTIRE RECIPE (divide by how many servings you cut it into to get your per serving breakdown):

3488 calories
    1173 calories from fat
    128g fat (24g saturated)
    Cholesterol 423mg
    Sodium 2754mg
    Total Carbohydrate 445g
    Dietary Fiber 51g
    Sugars 261g
    Protein 200g
    Total Omega 3: 947mg
    Total Omega 6: 8639mg

45% carbs/34% fats/21% protein

Of course, this is just an estimate, depending on what ingredients you end up using. I plugged in the generic soy protein isolate, Kirkland (Costco) brand organic creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup each dried raisins, cranberries, and apples, 1 T of canola oil for the pan . . .

The Omega 3:6 ratio is isn't that great (1:9), and the sugar seems high to me, but there you have it!
    Last edited by michelem; 03-29-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Edited to include two WHOLE eggs, rather than two egg whites

If you switch the brown sugar for splenda and the peanut butter for almond butter I think it improves both of those issues. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by kacie tri-ing View Post
    If you switch the brown sugar for splenda and the peanut butter for almond butter I think it improves both of those issues. Don't you think?
    The sugar goes down about 100 grams (for the entire recipe), which is good.

Almonds do not have a good Omega 3:6 ratio though, so this substitution is actually WORSE (1:18):

Omega 3: 1666mg
    Omega 6: 29767mg

HA! Opps I mix it up every time I've made them! I did cashew butter, and that was awesome

Oops! I messed up and entered two large egg whites, rather than two large whole eggs. So, I edited the data in the original recipe to reflect that . . .