Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big News (for me anyway)

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello all! I haven't been on for a few (a lot) of months because my life has taken a huge turn for the better!

I am getting married in June!

The plan is to get married in New Brunswick Canada then do a bike tour along the Confederation Trail on Prince Edward Island.

Yes he is a touring cyclist and loves it! Last summer on a day tour a friend mentioned to him about him riding bike too and he replied "I couldn't be her boyfriend if I didn't"

Anyway the marriage will be turning my life upside down. He lives 2.5 hours away so I will be selling my house, looking for a new job and moving this summer. If there isn't a job to be found I will stay where I am at and continue the weekend commute.

So anyway his valentine gift is a gently used trainer - does it get any better than that?

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

Congratulations! And finding someone to share your hobbies with - bonus!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Hey that's great news!

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. Thanks for making me smile this morning. I needed a little bit of happy news to brighten my day.
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Congrats, and welcome back!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Congratulations to you both! What wonderful news!

Congrats! I wondered where you had gone!

Wow, congratulations! What happy news
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Congratulations! What wonderful news.

What? No more Candisc rides? Congratulations to a great gal who deserves the best. I am very happy for you!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    congrats. eclectic!

We bike toured in the Maritime provinces many years ago.Almost 15 yrs. ago. Confederation Bridge had not been constructed at that time. We loved during the hot summer nights in PEI, camping at beach and buying fresh lobster from the fishermen, for cooking. I did an oil painting of PEI scene --it inspired me.

Dont' forget to try the Malpeque mussels! Because they were plentiful/in season, we were so shocked to get a wine steamed platter of over 20mussels..for $5.00.

Would you care to join TE in the Maidie doll bike relay journey where we pass around the Oxfam doll from member to member worldwide?
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...741#post486741
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by kjay View Post
    What? No more Candisc rides? Congratulations to a great gal who deserves the best. I am very happy for you!
    Kjay! I tried emailing you and I must have an old or incorrect address because it came back.

No candisc ? ? ? ? of course NOT! I was hoping to get him to do Bike the Border with me but that is too close to the wedding trip. I am still thinking about doing a little bit of Candisc. depending on how the move and selling the house goes. I was going to go last year and took the wrong week off

Hopefully next year my darling husband will do part of Candisc with me I just have to convince him to get on a skinny tired bike. He loves to bike ride so it shouldn't be too hard a sell

BTW I am moving to Jamestown. Isn't that near your neck of the woods?
    Last edited by eclectic; 01-14-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    congrats. eclectic!

We bike toured in the Maritime provinces many years ago.Almost 15 yrs. ago. Confederation Bridge had not been constructed at that time. We loved during the hot summer nights in PEI, camping at beach and buying fresh lobster from the fishermen, for cooking. I did an oil painting of PEI scene --it inspired me.

Dont' forget to try the Malpeque mussels! Because they were plentiful/in season, we were so shocked to get a wine steamed platter of over 20mussels..for $5.00.

Would you care to join TE in the Maidie doll bike relay journey where we pass around the Oxfam doll from member to member worldwide?
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...741#post486741
    I would LOVE too! I will be going to the Maritimes in June if that is convenient or when she can make arrangements and find the time she can visit me here. I will try to get her to the Center of North America marker and how fun if she could visit the Peace Gardens and have her picture taken while in Canada and the US at the same time.

Does she have a valid passport to get across the border?

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic View Post
    BTW I am moving to Jamestown. Isn't that near your neck of the woods?

Same email, but sometimes it's temperamental, unfortunately. Yes, Jamestown is where I grew up, and will plan to be there for a reunion in 2011. Will definitely look you up if that's okay. I'll try emailing you — I believe I still have your addy. This is exciting!

My last year of riding Candisc was the Badlands trip. The since-retired park ranger, you know who, and I got into a hassle, big time!

congrats!! Sounds like a great way to have a wedding!!

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic View Post
    Hello all! I haven't been on for a few (a lot) of months because my life has taken a huge turn for the better!

I am getting married in June!

The plan is to get married in New Brunswick Canada then do a bike tour along the Confederation Trail on Prince Edward Island.

Yes he is a touring cyclist and loves it! Last summer on a day tour a friend mentioned to him about him riding bike too and he replied "I couldn't be her boyfriend if I didn't"

Anyway the marriage will be turning my life upside down. He lives 2.5 hours away so I will be selling my house, looking for a new job and moving this summer. If there isn't a job to be found I will stay where I am at and continue the weekend commute.

So anyway his valentine gift is a gently used trainer - does it get any better than that?