Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

So many that I would have to go upstairs to count them. Long sleeved. Short sleeved. Base layers. Not to mention a bunch of shorts, knickers, and tights of varying degrees of warmth or windproofing. I have 2 jackets though, one with zip off sleeves - my absolute favorite.

The pathetic part of owning all these all-weather clothes is that none of this has seen any use in 2 months! As soon as I get cleared by my PT to ride, AND I get rid of this cold, AND we get a sunny weekend without wind, and 34o minimum I'll be back in the saddle.
    Last edited by withm; 01-12-2010 at 02:13 PM.

0. Yes. 0.

I own a couple moisture wicking active tops by adidas, nike, etc. But I don't own a jersey. I bike mostly in capris or rolled up pants/jeans & chrome shoes to work and a t-shirt with my messenger bag slung across my back. If it is really hot - I wear a moisture wick top and carry and extra shirt in my bag. Maybe a jersey someday.
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa
    2009 Trek 520-Brooks B-17 Special in Antique Brown
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker-Brooks B-17 Standard in Black
    1983 Fuji Espree Single Speed-Brooks B17 British Racing Green

Quote Originally Posted by moderncyclista View Post
    0. Yes. 0.

I own a couple moisture wicking active tops by adidas, nike, etc. But I don't own a jersey. I bike mostly in capris or rolled up pants/jeans & chrome shoes to work and a t-shirt with my messenger bag slung across my back. If it is really hot - I wear a moisture wick top and carry and extra shirt in my bag. Maybe a jersey someday.
    what size are you. maybe someone here can help.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    0. Yes. 0.

Let us know when you cave in. I know where you're comin' from, since it took me 10 years of regular cycling before I decided to get my first cycling jersey. However I bought my first cycling jacket within 3 months of returning back to cycling.

In response to Knotted's comments, I need back pockets for keys especially when I am not wearing a cycling jacket in warmer weather. I need to use my key/security fob to activate the underground parking garage door where our condo's bike parking is. To do this, I stop and balance myself on top of bike, on a downward slope driveway to dig around in my back pocket and fish out fob.

So I truly look for jerseys with back pockets and for colder weather, jackets absolutely must have at least front (or back) pocket(s).
    Last edited by shootingstar; 01-13-2010 at 06:48 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    what size are you. maybe someone here can help.
    I'm guessing I'm a size Large or XL in women's jerseys I wear a size 10 waist(maybe 34-36 above the hip - actual inches) womens. I have 32-34 bust. I am short 5'3''. I know all that stuff is cut different than regular tops. I am curvy, which can be a pain.

No one has to feel obligated to do anything. But thank you for mentioning it Biciclista.
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa

'Fess up: on no. of jerseys

Ahh this is a tough one Perhaps it shows how long I have been riding versus the amount of clothing I own HA!
    At any rate here goes:

sleeveless jerseys: 8-9
    short sleeve jerseys: 37
    long sleeve jerseys: 15-17

Although I can honestly say that I wear my favorites most of the time,and others do not get worn. Does anyone else do this?

I'd be glad to share with you moderncyclism...most of my jerseys are mens and colors that are bright. Let me know if you'd like me to send you one.
    Last edited by ridebikeme; 01-13-2010 at 08:11 AM.

So ridebikeme... just how many non-cycling tops do you own? (just to put it into perspective

Quote Originally Posted by ridebikeme View Post
    Ahh this is a tough one Perhaps it shows how long I have been riding versus the amount of clothing I own HA!
    At any rate here goes:

sleeveless jerseys: 8-9
    short sleeve jerseys: 37
    long sleeve jerseys: 15-17

Although I can honestly say that I wear my favorites most of the time,and others do not get worn. Does anyone else do this?

I'd be glad to share with you moderncyclism...most of my jerseys are mens and colors that are bright. Let me know if you'd like me to send you one.
    Oh, my. Everyone on here is so nice. ridebikeme thank you (If you think they'd fit. I'm guessing a medium in men's) if you're serious, PM me.

I am almost overwhelmed with your kindness and generosity to other riders. I wish the whole world was like this message board. I did "pay it forward" so to speak today - I gave my stock saddle to a "critical mass" buddy as she loves skinny saddles. Now I know there is a thread for this on these boards which is a cool way to help the greater community.

I have no idea how many cycling jerseys I have. I don't count how many sweaters I have, either. There's no such thing as too many when it comes to clothes.

"Fess up:no.of jerseys

Well, I dont' know how many non cycling tops I have, but I could defintely say that I own way more fall/winter tops than summer.( I quess because it's the area that I live in) I'm definitely NOT someone who spends tons of money on clothes... when I do buy something, I buy quality and obviously it lasts longer. With that said, I will admit to owning a fair amout of sporting type clothing... How does everyone else stand on this?

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I'm guessing I'm a size Large or XL..
    I'd like to send you a nice jersey if you'd like. Can I pm you the info?

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    I have no idea how many cycling jerseys I have. I don't count how many sweaters I have, either. There's no such thing as too many when it comes to clothes.
    Just having abit fun with our cycling fetishes. Speaking of fetishes, I heard of one guy who owned and did use his collection of 15+ bike helmets.

True sometimes that too many of 1 apparel type is not terrible..as long as it's worn/used at some point in time.

This thread topic has taken some interesting detours and surprising turns.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 01-14-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

OK, so I already have an ancient short-sleeve jersey and a strappy cycling tank, plus a warm jacket. But you gals are enablers. I just ordered a sleeveless jersey and a long-sleeve one, too. I hope we have an early Spring and I can use the long-sleeved one really soon (wishful thinking here in MI).

So I guess I'm up to 5.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    Damn it. And here I was convinced that there was at least ONE person on this forum who could beat me!
    I've seen her closet - she has y'all beat!
    Jeff Mendenhall
    TeamEstrogen.com
    1-877-310-4592

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Second that!
    Never too many clothes, never too many shoes
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes