Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

moving back to boulder

To disable ads, please log-in.

Alright my fellow Boulder ladies, I have decided to move back to Boulder. Just deciding when(in a few weeks, in a month or 3...)
    When I previously lived in Boulder(2002-2005) I was not very active and did not bike(well I commuted on an entry level mtb.. but that was it)I ran a little, but was not a cyclist.
    So here are my questions, how is it riding there at this time of the year? Is it doable most days?
    And then, once I get there I will have to convince some of you to ride with me so I can learn good routes to ride!

and yes.. I am moving with no job or place to live, going to go spend a few days on a friends couch while I find somewhere to live and find a job...

Welcome back to Colorado!

Biking in winter here can be awesome, many sunny, 40-50 degree days. Currently, there is snow on the ground and our streets aren't plowed. Snow storms this year have been upslope storms hitting the front range rather than the mtns. By contrast last Jan and Feb were completely dry, and warm.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Boulder and Boulder county are one of the best places in the country to find jobs right now.

Thanks Kathi,
    I am thinking of getting 1 or 2 more pay checks in the bank here and then driving out

I figured I get there and if I have to I find a job waiting tables until I find something else. I have a few people putting their feelers out for me on the job front.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi View Post
    Welcome back to Colorado!

Biking in winter here can be awesome, many sunny, 40-50 degree days. Currently, there is snow on the ground and our streets aren't plowed. Snow storms this year have been upslope storms hitting the front range rather than the mtns. By contrast last Jan and Feb were completely dry, and warm.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Boulder and Boulder county are one of the best places in the country to find jobs right now.
    I would have to agree. Usually you would be able to ride throughout the winter months. However the Front Range has been hit with some strong snow storms. Up until about 2-3 weeks ago there was more snow at Eldora which is just above Nerderland then Summit county. People were driving down I-70 to ski at their nordic center.

This weather is not typical. About 2 years ago I was riding every day during the winter and there was very little if any snow on the roads and bike paths.

Boulder offers some great road and mtn biking possibilities depending upon what you are looking for. They also have a velodrome.

Good luck with your move.
    Last edited by solobiker; 01-04-2010 at 02:41 PM.

Oh, what field are you in?? I can ask around if it is something I am familiar with.

Right now I am doing operational work for a small airline,but... Up until September I taught horseback riding and managed the feed and vet care of 40+ horses and before that I worked at a LBS. So I am sort of open to doing anything, I prefer doing work that is more outdoor related then what I am doing right now...

Good luck. I hope you find something you love! I grew up in Lakewood. I have always loved Boulder. My parents are still in Lakewood. We don't get back there as often as I would like, though.

Deb

I'm totally jealous. Colorado is where my soul lives.

I might be interviewing with a company up in Golden, will find out next week. If so, I get to have the choice of living and commuting from Boulder,Denver, Lakewood, or living in Golden... Not sure where I would chose to live if I get the job up there.

Smile riding is the same but the job market...

....is sketchy here. But that is EVERYWHERE right now! If you lived out here before, then you know what winters are like. For me (I moved here from IA), this winter is super, super mild and warm! I keep hearing that this winter is an unusually cold, snowy one, here in the Foothills, but I will take this over IA winters any day!!

It took me about a month to find a job (back in Aug.) in heathcare but I set a goal of sending out my resume to at least one place every single day. It started out hot and heavy but then towards 'the end' it was truly about one/day. Just hang in there, if Golden doesn't work out, and something will come up!! When you move and want some women to ride with, that'll be easy, peasy! Drop me a line if you would like and I will happily go out with you and/or set you up with other women to ride with! We're everywhere out here!!! **yayyyy**

kimberly

You'll get more bang for your buck with housing living in Golden or Lakewood or Applewood. You can also commute by bike in Golden and depending where you are in Lakewood you could be pretty close to Golden for bike commuting.

The commute on 93 from Boulder to Golden is a high traffic road and can be very dangerous in the winter with high winds and blowing snow. I don't go to Boulder often because of the highway although I love my LBS there.

El Nino is giving Denver a milder winter with more snow and less snow in the central mtns. We've been here 5 yrs. and every winter has been different.

it is looking like T-3 weeks for the move! Even though I still haven't decided exactly where yet,hehe. I am going to get out there and stay on a friends couch for a week or so while I decide where to locate myself.
    Boulder is what I know and love! But I am going to be open to looking around Denver also and making my decision then.

moving back to boulder

So Nightly is getting buggy and less stable for me on Android.

I want to move back to the Stable or Beta version, but I want to keep my addons and preferences.

Anyway to backup my settings and import them into Stable or Beta on Android?