Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: salmon anyone??

salmon anyone??

To disable ads, please log-in.

We like our salmon salad. So much so that we are even willing to use salmon out of a can. And we found a supplier who is willing to sell retail. whoa!!

And just recently, we ordered their pink salmon pink salmon and we made "tuna fish" sandwitch with them. IT WAS REALLY GOOD!! Even with the shipping cost, a 7.5oz can cost us less than $1.40...

The other thing we really like about this outfit is they claim to catch the fish in sustainable manner, its an American company, its based in USA (Washington and Oregon) and we do support our own. Buying "local".

just wanted to share a good find.

You can use it to make salmon cakes too - mix with green onions, a little panko, etc and pan sear. Yummy!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I've recently been eating more salmon. I found a smoked salmon that is not that expensive that I have been eating a couple of times a week (I also like it best on salads). I actually don't love the flavor of salmon, but I do crave it (my body is telling me something!). I'm willing to give canned a try. It would love to have a less expensive option.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Admittedly I tend to have canned tuna more often than canned salmon. Instead we do have fresh salmon or cold smoked salmon.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Admittedly I tend to have canned tuna more often than canned salmon. Instead we do have fresh salmon or cold smoked salmon.
    I just found a fabulous recipe using canned tuna: http://justbento.com/handbook/recipe...o-mini-burgers Usually, I find it has a "canned" flavor. This improves it measurably.

We love fresh salmon, but sometimes it's too pricey here.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Canned salmon is a lot cheaper in my neck of the woods than canned tuna. I use it in lots of ways, and I also give it to my dog as a treat. (it's cheaper than canned dog food)

I love fresh salmon or smoked salmon best of all (my step dad smokes tons of salmon and it's incredibly good) but it is nice to have canned salmon on hand at all times. Very handy.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I eat canned salmon once a week, as a salad. I try to have cooked salmon once a week, too. I will spend for wild salmon, as it's so good for you.
    I love lox, too, but since I've cut down on bagels, I only have it about once every 10 days to 2 weeks.

+1 on the salmon cakes. Even my kids loved them when they were younger and ate no fish.

I love the Trident salmon burgers from Costco. They're so easy to prepare - I usually stir-fry some veggies, then throw them in towards the end - about 5 minutes/side if they're frozen.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    I love the Trident salmon burgers from Costco. They're so easy to prepare - I usually stir-fry some veggies, then throw them in towards the end - about 5 minutes/side if they're frozen.
    Those are a staple at my house, too.
    Breakfast is 2 eggs over easy, 1 salmon burger, 2 corn tortillas. MMMMMmmm!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Those are a staple at my house, too.
    Breakfast is 2 eggs over easy, 1 salmon burger, 2 corn tortillas. MMMMMmmm!
    Oooh -- never thought about them for breakfast. Grew up with lox and eggs, so it makes sense. Breakfast with you guys tomorrow?
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedal Wench View Post
    Trident makes some awesome products. Their Ultimate Fish Sticks are really good if you're craving white fish in the shape of a stick that's easy to make - they are real fish and come out of the oven with crunchy breading. Their crusted tilapia is good, too. I am so glad Costco carries their stuff.

Mmmm, salmon. Don't eat much canned salmon, but I love salmon, smoked salmon, all things salmon. NOM! I usually crave it when I want protein and fat.