Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone interested in Basil Panniers?

To disable ads, please log-in.

The folks I work for are giving away some Basil Panniers - it's a contest you have to enter by Dec 31st. I own a pair of these panniers and you can really stuff them with groceries! TE doesn't sell this kind so I don't think posting this is a conflict of interest or anything.

You can read all about it at http://www.womensadventuremagazine.c...rgiveaway.html.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Too bad contest only for U.S. residents.

Love your little nutcracker bird avatar. (Hope I got the bird species correct.)
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Red-breasted Nuthatch. They have one of the best bird calls anywhere!

Yes, sorry it's only open to US residents - I wish we could afford the shipping to our Canadian friends

Those nuthatches out at my feeder just make my day in these snowy months! If anyone else is hogging their spot they sure put up a racket.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Thanks for the heads up. Ii have been admiring Basil's for a couple years now, but haven't bit the bullet and bought any. Maybe now I won't have to.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I really love mine. Mine are the same as the ones we're giving away except they're pink. Huge and pink. I think I might be getting a reputation around town as the crazy woman with the pink bags who cycles everywhere.

My only complaint with them is that I'm wearing them out. I've had them on my commuter for about a year now, using them to haul groceries every weekend and I'm starting to see some tears at the seams. Nothing that would be a deal breaker but they might need a little mending if you use them all the time.

The other thing I had to get used to was their fastening system, which is sort of semi-permanent. They're not quick to come off with all their buckles and straps, so if you don't have a dedicated hauling bike, it's a pain to take them off for weekend riding. That said, I do adore them for their capacity and Dutch style!

Quote Originally Posted by nuthatch View Post
    I Mine are the same as the ones we're giving away except they're pink. Huge and pink. I think I might be getting a reputation around town as the crazy woman with the pink bags who cycles everywhere.
    This fits well with my plan to be the crazy lady cycling around town with the fake leopardskin coat
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    This fits well with my plan to be the crazy lady cycling around town with the fake leopardskin coat
    We have one that cycles around town. She has flaming red hair and wears lots of rouge (not blush, rouge)....

I have considered that hair color but don't think I'm quite old enough yet. I have the coat, the next thing I need are some bejeweled cat eye spectacles.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Zen, you crack me up! My grandma had the poem "when I am an old woman I shall wear..." in her bathroom when I was growing up. I firmly aspire to be a crazy old lady. I think I'm well on my way riding in negative temps on 700cc tires with no studs, but with goggles and overmitts... yes, my scheme is working

Quote Originally Posted by ginny View Post
    with goggles and overmitts... yes, my scheme is working
    At first glance, I thought you wrote you were riding in oven mitts. Now that would be an eccentric old lady thing to do.

he he he ... oven mitts... now there's an idea

Quote Originally Posted by kenyonchris View Post
    We have one that cycles around town. She has flaming red hair and wears lots of rouge (not blush, rouge)....
    I thought Pansy lives in California!! Of course, she wears lots of red lipstick!!
    Dar