Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First 200 K

To disable ads, please log-in.

*All* she has to do is finish! 2970 miles, 82000 feet of climbing, 100+ degrees in the deserts, little sleep, 9+ days. (That's roughly a TRIPLE century with 9000 feet of climb every day.) Yeah, should be a piece of cake.

It is interesting she's the only solo female. Does that mean most women are a) too smart to attempt such a physically and emotionally grueling endeavor, or b) too wimpy??

Thumbs up

Since she's the only one, she could take 3 months and still be declared the winner (unless there is a rule about a time limit)! I know she's supposed to be a top-notch rider (set some records in other long-distance events) so I'm not saying she is unworthy; I'm just surprised that no other females entered!

I would sure enter if I only could; considering I can't even ride around the block right now due to my neck injury that is impossible.

Previous RAAMs have had multiple women racers, right? My memory ain't so great lately, but I think I remember one in the mid-1990s where there were at least Seana Hogan and Muffy Ritz racing. And Muffy did push-ups at the finish line.