Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow

To disable ads, please log-in.

Can you find the bike rack on this car?

Bike rack? I can't find the car!!!

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Quote Originally Posted by owlice View Post
    Can you find the bike rack on this car?
    Found it!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	10577

Is this like "Where's Waldo?"
    "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" -Winston Churchill

Heard from my son last night. Left Anaheim on schedule, the airline telling them "no delays." Of course, being a semi-native New Englander, he was skeptical. Their connection was in Phoenix, where they promptly were told that that couldn't get to Philly until Monday. Funny, how the tough Marine calls Mom and Dad in these situations! Anyway, since he's stranded in the "desert of his birth," as he puts it, he called my DH's sister and will be visiting his aunt and uncle, and grandmother, along with his wife's cousin.
    We have about 8-10 inches, but it seems to be tapering down. South of here, it's a mess, with a lot of power outages. Just about a half hour NW of here, there's no snow at all.

Blizzard here! It's so windy my French doors blew open in the middle of the night.

It is definitely a blizzard here. We have probably 15-18 inches although it is really hard to tell because of the wind and all of the drifting. We have drifts of 2-2 1/2 feet right outside the back door. Fortunatley I don't have to be anywhere today!

Here's the view out my front door and off the deck, looking down the hill.
    Last edited by Crankin; 09-29-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Crankin - pretty!

Um - we had frost this morning....

Y'all stay safe in blizzard country. Is this where you switch from bikes to snowshoes and x-country skis?
    Beth

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Beth, I thought the same thing when I went out just a little bit ago- we have frost. I'm SO glad it's not feet of snow. I just LOVE all the pictures!!!! Snow is gorgeous when looking at it on the internet.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Just got in from shovelling the driveway and digging out the truck (with a push broom). My beautiful Seven ID8, which lives in the laundry room between rides, has been reduced to a titanium and carbon hat and mitten dryer!

Quote Originally Posted by 7rider View Post
    Just got in from shovelling the driveway and digging out the truck (with a push broom). My beautiful Seven ID8, which lives in the laundry room between rides, has been reduced to a titanium and carbon hat and mitten dryer!
    That is so WRONG!

I stuck a ruler into the snow in the backyard and was surprised that it only was 12 inches. I wonder if it has already started to compact? I'll take some more pictures in a bit when I go out to dig out the cars.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by Ritamarie View Post
    Found it!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	10577

Is this like "Where's Waldo?"
    Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I've added pictures to the photo album.

Beautiful clear deep blue sky today. I suppose this means I should go shovel.

After I finish my coffee and pumpkin bread, I mean.

I'm going to wait a few more hours before I head out to clear off the car.

They still haven't come to plow the parking lot in my courtyard or shovel our sidewalks. It makes sense to wait until they do the lot so I can shovel through the giant ridge of snow they'll leave in front of my car. Besides, my car is parked in the sun so I'd just as soon let it warm up as much as possible before I start to work.

I'm kind of wishing I had snow tires for the bike.... I'm kind of wishing to know what my closest trail looks like in the snow.

This might be because I now have long underwear, fleece tops, full-fingered gloves, and wool socks.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Unless things change a whole lot here in Vancouver, anyone coming for the Olympics from Snowy northeast U.S./Atlantic Canada might be quite surprised to see....no snow. At least not at the foot of the mountains. Whistler most likely is different, just haven't checked things there right now. Unless one is an avid skier or snowboarder, it's like another world..at least to me. There are other local mountain areas closer (and cheaper) to where we live, to do stuff.

Don't despair...you really don't want to wander around in deep cold/snow for hrs. while walking to and from the main Olympic buildings around here with tons of people. A big dump of snow will cause even more congestion downtown..with 100,000 extra people visiting daily.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

This will be my first white Christmas EVER!