Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow

Cool The SF Bay area got some snow too

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here's the current image off the Mt. Diablo Cam:

As for the Mt Hamilton HamCams, Ham Cam 1 is currently iced over and Ham Cam 2's image is shrouded in fog. But check them later, the images should be pretty nice.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I'm a super happy camper. We've gotten no snow but it's quite cold here...for here. I'm walking around with a big ole grin on my face and if I wasn't afraid of being locked up, I'd probably break into a skip... I LOVE THIS WEATHER! Highs in the high 20's today - awesome!

The PNW people all think I'm crazy as they bundle up and shiver. My southern husband hasn't stopped whining in two days. Whatever. In my mind, when the thermometer reads -27F, THEN you can complain about cold!

And thanks for sharing all the photos, everyone! I miss snow and I love seeing pictures of it.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Here's a picture of my horse and donkey in the snow ... love it... I call them horse-sicles. Love the picts of this morning's trail ride... can't say I'm tough enough to go do that here. I totally hear you about small chores turn into big 'ums. I used to keep my critters at home, and I felt like I was working as hard as I could all winter just to maintain everyone...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bay and tristan.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	10517  

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    The PNW people all think I'm crazy as they bundle up and shiver. My southern husband hasn't stopped whining in two days. Whatever. In my mind, when the thermometer reads -27F, THEN you can complain about cold!
    Hey, not all PNW people think you're crazy! Careful of blanket statements! 20's are fine as long as there's enough snow. It's the sub-zeros we're facing that put me off - at least for outdoor activities.

Good news is that it's rocketed up to a balmy 9F.

Ahem, and you aren't facing standing still course marshalling for the cross nationals at 7 am in the morning in this weather . . . .
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

neryyrryryr

Brrrr...it's getting cold in Canuckland!!!

At the other end of the world...it's going to be 37C, 38C & 39C Sat, Sun, Mon..

I'll take more pics of the beach to warm you all up

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Brrrr...it's getting cold in Canuckland!!!

At the other end of the world...it's going to be 37C, 38C & 39C Sat, Sun, Mon..

I'll take more pics of the beach to warm you all up
    Well, CC yesterday while cycling, I saw a jogger in short sleeved T-shirt and long shorts. It was like today, below freezing. Honest, just don't know how some people can do it.

No snow below the mountains, though. Just bright and sunny today. Dry on ground. Good for a reasonable cycle just have to be careful of possible black ice in early morning.

Ginny, that is cute pic of horse and donkey among snowfluffies. Zen, a real winter wonderland pic.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Hey, not all PNW people think you're crazy! Careful of blanket statements! 20's are fine as long as there's enough snow. It's the sub-zeros we're facing that put me off - at least for outdoor activities.

Good news is that it's rocketed up to a balmy 9F.

Ahem, and you aren't facing standing still course marshalling for the cross nationals at 7 am in the morning in this weather . . . .
    Good point - I should modify my statement to read "the PNW weather weanies west of the Cascades think I'm crazy"!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Well, we have a foot of snow now; and I will be heading home in an hour to shovel. They say we will get most of our snow tonight; wow, we are going to be buried!

We got a 3-4" in Denver over the weekend but ytd we've had around 50". The central mtns haven't been so lucky, we're skiing on manmade snow. The storm is supposed to hit the mtns tonight thru Wed. up to 20" and bitterly cold, highs around 10 degrees.
    Last edited by Kathi; 12-07-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ginny View Post
    Here's a picture of my horse and donkey in the snow
    Your donkey is adorable What's her/his name? And where do you keep them now
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Love the pics everyone!
    I will have to keep looking at them over this next weekend as we are in for a hot one. Perhaps it will keep me from melting.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Well, CC yesterday while cycling, I saw a jogger in short sleeved T-shirt and long shorts. It was like today, below freezing. Honest, just don't know how some people can do it.
    That seems to be the thing to do around here, too: go out in the snow in shorts. I have a friend who likes to snow blow his driveway in a parka, shorts and Ugg boots. I love the guy, but sometimes he's a doofus.

Zen, his name is Tristan (he came with that name, and I call him my high brow donkey). I board them both south of town in Laramie. They are SO much happier being boarded. I underestimated how important social structure is for equines. Thanks - I think he's cute too (I also think the horse it cute, but the donkey steals the show).

It is absolutely dumping snow here today. I sure hope I can get to Denver on Friday (I'm going to Hi!)

Quote Originally Posted by ginny View Post
    I used to keep my critters at home, and I felt like I was working as hard as I could all winter just to maintain everyone...
    Ginny, love your horse and donkey!!!! I keep consoling myself that it may be an early winter, and both my hydrants are already frozen, but at least I don't have do mow!

I LOVE THIS WEATHER! Highs in the high 20's today - awesome!
    Ahhh! Liking winter must be like liking hills. My husband once told me that "if you do enough hills, they lose their power over you". Following his advice, I have actually come to like hills. Maybe I need to work on a better mindset about winter!

I love this weather.... I LOVE this weather....I LOVE THIS WEATHER...
    "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" -Winston Churchill

Good point - I should modify my statement to read "the PNW weather weanies west of the Cascades think I'm crazy"!
    Mucho better! We'll call them the PNW WWWs.

At 5:30 pm last night it was -1F and then dropped to -14F all night. Today's forecast is a sultry 7F/-8F.

No snow when it's this cold.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.