Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

By bike-Google map images

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://www.utilitycycling.org/2009/10/google-bicycling/

Haven't quite looked at this site much yet. But it sounds like a neat concept. Certainly shows how having a Google staff member who bikes, generates other ideas to benefit /inspire cyclings/wannbe cyclists.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Just a couple of weeks ago, the local MUPs made it into Google Maps, so mapmyride, ridewithgps, and other software that uses Google's mapping architecture can use them. It sure makes it easier to draw a route, since we often use the MUPs to get in and out of town.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Generally speaking, within the realm of cycling, there are three categories of practice:

◦Recreation: the type of riding done primarily for fun, for pleasure, for the sheer joy of feeling the wind on your face and the secure embrace of two wheels hugging the ground.
    ◦Sport: the type of riding done primarily for athleticism, for competition, and for the often elusive, but oh-so-sweet, taste of victory.
    ◦Utility: the type of riding done for any purpose other than sport or recreation.

Hmmm.
    Sounds like Aristotle and seems not to get how much fun sport and utility rides are.

So that would be Nicomachean bicycling? What would Platonic cycling be like? Or Nietcheist?

I was looking at my house one day, and zoomed in on the street view from the back yard (my yard spans the length of the whole block), and I saw my son on the trampoline! It was a couple of years ago, from the looks of the picture, and he remembers seeing the camera.

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

You can just about see that level of detail in the aerial maps now. Even out in the boonies where I live, you can see my neighbor's horses in their pasture.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Platonic cycling
    You bicycle, but do not form a passionate connection with your bike.

Or Nietcheist?
    You bicycle; eventually, you die.