Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

This Year I Paid First, No Turning Back!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Last year I trained for a half marathon but didn't pay for it. About 3 weeks until race day I started to really struggle with depression and decided to focus on me. I felt like a failure though for backing out on the half mary. So this year I got an email that I could sign up early and get a free tech tee. I was already planning on doing it but had the money and a free tee is always nice. I am bit nervous but starting to run towards March 27! With $75 already invested I know I have to stay focused. I am excited because after this DH and I are eying a fall marathon to celebrate our 30th birthdays (fall is half way between his and mine).
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Now you'll have to start posting all your workouts in the weekly running thread so we can cheer you on.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Yes! Right now I am just trying to get my running legs back. I know it isn't going to be easy to go from sitting on the couch the last 6 months to running a half marathon but I know I can do it.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Nothing like signing on the dotted line for a little motivation Awesome!

It's scary signing up for something before you're physically ready! I know you can do it, too.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Hi Amanda! I did the same thing. I'm signed up for a half the weekend before you. We can be training buddies!
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Go Amanda! That's great -- good luck and enjoy the training process! I ALWAYS pay for a couple of triathlons ahead of season so that I know I MUST stay in some sort of shape through the winter!
    Can't wait to read your progress!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Yay! good luck! I'm training for a half in February.

Active.com has a good half marathoners group - they are very encouraging and a good forum for info and support. www.active.com - go to community, groups, search on half marathon trainers.
    I can do five more miles.

I made it through all my dental work (two root canals in a month) and just printed out my training program! My first long run is 5 miles this weekend, that should be a real booty kicker.
    Amanda