Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Since you're already familiar with compression tights, you should have an idea of how they fit - very snug if they're going to serve their purpose. I'm shaped differently from you, but I find that CW-X tights run large - I'm a solid Medium in most running shorts/tights, but on the small end of Small in CW-X. I'm almost tempted to try on an XS next time I'm in a store, but I expect those will be too small for me.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

aw crud..... I just ordered 2 pairs (not stablyx, but pro's and performx) to use as recovery tights, but if they run that big they probably won't do their job..... I wasn't off the bottom of the sizing chart (like I am for Skins...)
    I'm 5 nuthin, 105 - anyone have the XS's - are they really big?
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I think they run small!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    I think they run small!
    X2! I have a pair of medium Stabilyx Insulators tights. According to their sizing chart, I fall solidly into the size Medium range...but I seriously can barely get them on. I think I wore them 2 times...once for a 5k race, and once for a 4 mile training run. I literally feel like I cannot breathe wearing them...the waistband digs and binds so badly on me. The lower back, hip, and knee support is amazing...but they are just too uncomfortably tight to wear for any length of time.

If anyone is interested in a pair of like-new size Medium Stabilyx Insulator tights for a good price...PM me!

Linda

I'm in the first gray box to the left of the medium yellow boxes. I managed to get the mediums on my bod but movement was out of the question. I know the design isn't super comfy, but using the size chart puts me in a size that is completely nonfunctional.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/template...izingchart.gif
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Hmmm. They're super comfy to me...

I can put on a pair of Medium and not have any excess fabric anywhere except they're a little long. But to get the benefit of the compression, I need to be in Small, and at 5'3", 122# I can totally feel why their size chart has me on the small end of the size.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    The smalls arrived today. And to set things straight - I've been trying out the Expert and the Ventilator versions as I only wanted knee stabilization.

The smalls are snug, but not uncomfortably tight. I am not quite 5'5", weigh 146, have a 28 inch waist, 38 inch hip.

Veronica
    I think size charts should go by measurements rather than pounds. I have worn the smalls several times running now. Maybe this is a case of not all are constructed in exactly the same way.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I think size charts should go by measurements rather than pounds. I have worn the smalls several times running now. Maybe this is a case of not all are constructed in exactly the same way.

Veronica
    True that. My hip and waist measurements are close enough to yours as nevermind. 5# per inch of height, plus I've seen those pictures of where that extra 10-15# of muscle lives on your upper body!

Veronica
    I wish..... though in this case the measurements should probably be thigh, calf and hips - don't really need the compression around my waist. Unless the XS's are considerably smaller, I get the feeling I may be selling these.... (my hips are 33")
    Last edited by Eden; 04-01-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

FYI...I emailed the company in regards to seam failures, here was the response...Sounds like a great company to deal with!!

Lisa

"Thank you so much for your inquiry and interest in CW-X. We certainly stand behind our performance apparel and craftsmanship. Our manufacturer's warranty covers manufacturing defects within year of purchasing the product. If you ever run into an issue you think is considered as such, you can e-mail our warranty department at warranty@cw-x.com.

This being said, only 0.06% of the apparel we sold in 2009 was returned to us as a "manufacturing defect" and replaced. Based on the number of units we sell each year, we receive a very, very low rate of warranty claims! I hope this helps answer your question and gives you greater confidence in choosing CW-X. "

Julia Blumenfeld
    CW-X, Wacoal Sports Science Corporation
    136 Madison Avenue, 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10016
    E-mail: info@cw-x.com
    www.cw-x.com

I finally got my tights! I wore them for the first time last night after a long hill workout and I must say they worked great. No soreness then or this morning.

I ordered XS's and they feel tight enough. I definitely could not just slip them on - had to pull them up more like pantyhose.

I wish it was cool enough to wear my Ventilators all year round! They were just barely on the edge of being too warm for the marathon last month, where it was a steady 54°F (and I wore a short-sleeved top).

I might go for a pair of the shorts, but I really like the support on my calves, plus I'm afraid they'd ride up. Anybody have the Ventilator shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I wish it was cool enough to wear my Ventilators all year round! They were just barely on the edge of being too warm for the marathon last month, where it was a steady 54°F (and I wore a short-sleeved top).

I might go for a pair of the shorts, but I really like the support on my calves, plus I'm afraid they'd ride up. Anybody have the Ventilator shorts?
    Not the Ventilator shorts, but I do have 2 pairs of the Pro shorts. I usually wear them on my "long" runs...which is probably not very long, by most runners standards. I didn't notice any riding up while wearing them. Then again, the Pro shorts sit just above the knee...so they are pretty long, in terms of length. But they do provide lots of support, especially in my lower back and hips, and core. However, they are a fairly thick material...so might be a tad bit warm on a super hot day.