Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    they did look good, though
    Don't they? Ooooh, good stuff!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

The inner thigh seams WILL wear out, mine took about a year. It's a common complaint I've heard about the tights. They are wonderful though.

For those Seattle folks (Knot), I know a seamstress who will fix them when it happens. It's better if you catch them before they start to fail and it isn't perfect. If it goes when you're out for a long run, OUCH.

FYI the weather tights (can't remember the name offhand) are really warm and they repel snow/rain wonderfully. It has to be 20ish before I'll wear them or else I'll get too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    The inner thigh seams WILL wear out, mine took about a year. It's a common complaint I've heard about the tights. They are wonderful though.
    Now I don't feel so bad. At my height the tape that would hold my knee ligaments together might hit at my calves
    Last edited by Trek420; 12-12-2009 at 10:17 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    The inner thigh seams WILL wear out, mine took about a year.
    If you don't mind, can you approximate how many miles on the tights? That seems awfully quick unless you were wearing them for every run.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    If you don't mind, can you approximate how many miles on the tights? That seems awfully quick unless you were wearing them for every run.
    I usually wear mine in the fall/winter (until it gets cold)/spring. The seams in my 3/4 length pro tights (not insulated) lasted 9 months at most (maybe as few as 6?). Last year I bought a pair before marathon training - August? - and wore them through that, in the marathon, and through the spring, I believe, while Ironman training. I would say average 30 miles a week through fall, more like 20 through spring. I wore them every run with a pair of REI compression shorts over the top which covered the part of seams in question just barely (they busted just where the shorts hit, around a 4-6" inseam). So... 600-900 miles?

My first pair lasted longer, but I didn't run as much, or as fast. Ironically I lost a lot of weight between the two pairs, too, so I really expected the second pair to last a lot longer.

you wore compression tights on top of compression tights?
    Or do I need to re-read?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    you wore compression tights on top of compression tights?
    Or do I need to re-read?
    Sort of - I wore compression shorts (with a 4" inseam) on top of my 3/4-length compression tights to try to keep the seams from wearing as quickly - hoping that the extra fabric would protect me from the direct rubbing.

http://www.rei.com/product/778275

It's worth noting that REI's definition of "compression" is "a tight fitting thicker-than-lycra fabric" - not the same as what CW-X means

I am one of those people who fall in the gray area between sizes. I ordered up like the chart said, but the mediums are too big for me. I can't keep the knee section on my knee. At my height, a medium will fit someone who weighs 25 pounds more than I do.

I'm worried a small will be too small. We'll see; they'll arrive on Wednesday.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I just wore mine again on the flight home last night. We did a century, got back to the BF's, I showered and then sat around the airport and flew home. I expected to be really sore today, but just slightly tight.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

Finally, motivation to train! By the chart at my height I have to get down to about 135 lb/medium to have a chance at these hitting anywhere close to my knees.

Of course by then I'll be light and fit enough that I won't need 'em
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'd say Colby is spot on with her estimated miles. I did wear them most runs but I had more than one pair so it's not like I wore the same pair every day. The tights are sturdy except for that one spot where your (or ok, my) thighs rub together.

So I'd say under 1,000 miles but over 500. They maybe could have made it over 1,000 miles. I track my shoes, just not my tights

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    I am one of those people who fall in the gray area between sizes. I ordered up like the chart said, but the mediums are too big for me. I can't keep the knee section on my knee. At my height, a medium will fit someone who weighs 25 pounds more than I do.

I'm worried a small will be too small. We'll see; they'll arrive on Wednesday.

Veronica
    I'm curious how this turns out - the medium 3/4 length tights seem to be more forgiving (I weigh more than I should for my height and sized up), but now my full length tights are starting to move when I run. Downward. So I feel like my pants are falling off for basically 90% of the run. I'm also concerned the small will be too small. It's like they are a fine fit from my ankle to my knee, but from my thigh to my waist, they are too big. The string is no help.

The smalls arrived today. And to set things straight - I've been trying out the Expert and the Ventilator versions as I only wanted knee stabilization.

The smalls are snug, but not uncomfortably tight. I am not quite 5'5", weigh 146, have a 28 inch waist, 38 inch hip. With the mediums, there was so much extra material between the waist and the knee. It was impossible to keep the knee section where it belonged once I started moving. I won't actually work out in these until tomorrow. But at least I could get them on.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Can anyone comment more on sizing, I am 5'5" and 135lb not sure if I would order the med or large.

Too bad they wear out so quickly...I have to say the quality of the 2XUs compression tights is excellent and I don't think I will have a seam problem.

Great feedback on this thread! And the comment on the IT bands issues is good, it is good to figure out the source of the problem. That's why I am headed to PT in a week so I can strengthen the weak area.

Anyone use the Stabilyx cycling shorts?

Lisa
    Last edited by itself; 04-01-2010 at 04:46 AM.

I'm, heavier than you and got the small because the mediums were too big.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com