Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Smile Perfect fit

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have a small waist and larger hips. The only jeans that fit me like a glove with NO gapping at the back of the waist, and just hug me all around the waist perfectly are the 'Jones (of) New York Signature jeans'. I don't know who's the designer that designed those jeans, but he or she is someone who really really really really has figured out a women't butt! LOL The waist is perfect, the legs are perfect (not too tight, not baggy), and there is just enough strechy fibers in there to give, yet, they have the look and feel of just regular jeans jeans, like good old Levis, Lee, Lois, etc. The color is right too. Some of those 'stretchy' jeans are the wrong color/texture. If I had to have just one pair of jeans, that would be the one. I love ridding with them when I commute because they are not rough on the knees. I find them at La Baie (in Canada). I don't know who would carry them in the US. Maybe the Jones of New York website would have that information.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzbananie View Post
    any suggestions? my thighs have gotten so big that they are pulling my pants down. i'm walking around hauling them up, continuously.
    There's got to be a Pants on the Ground joke in here somewhere. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by tangentgirl View Post
    There's got to be a Pants on the Ground joke in here somewhere. Right?
    maybe i should stop worrying about the pants and just start singing the song...

Has anyone tried the "Bold Curve" jeans by Levi's? Appears that they might have replaced their "Curvy" line. They have 3 new cuts...the Bold Curve ones are for small waists with bigger butt and thighs. I want to try these.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I finally found "skinny" jeans that fit me. Well, they are not labeled as such, they are actually leggings that are jeans, made by the Loft. And, they come in petites. It seems as if having the lycra allows me to get them up over my cycling calves and thighs. I did go one size up from my usual, but they fit perfectly. I wore them last night with heels and DH told me I "looked like one of those girls from the city." Well, not exactly, but they felt good.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Roomy pants...

I bought two pair of North Face Shorts at Bass Pro Outlet. They are made of a stretchy material so when you put them on they "fit" and then they loosen up considerably. They have a draw string which I end up using because they loosen up. I know you are looking for pants but maybe North face makes pants out of the same material. Also, I bought some jeans at Coldwater Creek that were kind of stretchy but don't look like leggings, they loosen up too. Coldwater makes a few different cuts but the ones I got are no longer made. My point is, Try these new fabrics, I was a hard core cotton jeans wearin' gal until I tried these. You may have to go up a size or two but so what. I think Coldwater is accomodating us full figured yet athletic types. I guess i am trying to say that i had to go out of my comfort zone to find pants and jeans that work. Check out websites for deals and sales. I will try some of the pants mentioned on this post... you never know. Oh! When I wanted slacks for work I also went to JCPenney, they have lots of styles and colors, most in stock.
    navybeetle
    "Be a spinner not a lugger" unknown

TREK 8200 MTB/Planet Bike Comfort Gel

Mountain Khakis! Just found them this summer and they fit like a dream.

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

Muirenn, I like slacks/dress pants from the limited. I don't have hips but I do have a bubble butt. The pants are stretchy but comfortable. They have a couple fits, I think mine is the drew. They also come in short sizes for my stubby legs! And affordable! The only problem I've found is that the buttons fall off a lot and then hem sometimes comes undone. All easy fixes though.

I found some awesome jeans for my athletic thighs!

They're not a brand that I was familiar with, but the "Relaxed Fit" fit nicely through the butt and thighs without looking baggy or sloppy. Winner!

Tractor Supply Company has a few brands of jeans mean for athletic women. Cruel Girl jeans are also really good. But I just picked up two pairs at tsc for under $25 each. They do have a normal (not low cut) waist line which I need because in my work there is a lot of bending and actual labor.