Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: US Natz

US Natz

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone coming? I need to know so I can be strategically placed for cowbell ringing. I know Renata from TE is coming. Anyone else?

http://www.visitbend.com/Bend_Oregon...s/default.aspx
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I'm not a serious crosser - got myself out for a whole 2 races in 3 years..... so I won't be there, but we've got a pretty big team going, including a couple of our gals who went to worlds last year.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I'm racing on Friday @2 pm. Look out for a Cycle U jersey...most likely in the back of the pack! Looking forward to racing in the snow and slush!

Slush? Not if it doesn't warm up. A wee bit on the cold side right now but Friday could be good.

I'll be working reg Friday morning and then course marshalling Saturday till 2 pm.

SadieKate - look for some of my teammates from NEBC. I have at least two women out there competing - one in the 65+ category (defending Nat'l champ) and another in the 45- 49 category.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Will do!

EditedL Oh ya. What is your first name in case I do meet them? Something tells me I'll get VERY strange looks if I mention "SheFly."

I know Sarah Maile's coach and I'm supposed to tell her he has spies everywhere which will earn me a guaranteed weird look.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 12-08-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Will do!

EditedL Oh ya. What is your first name in case I do meet them? Something tells me I'll get VERY strange looks if I mention "SheFly."
    Probably true! My name is Cathy. My teammates are Julie (65+ Nat'l champ) and Teri (racing 45-49).

If you see them racing, yell at them that "Cathy says to ride harder!"

SheFly

Will do my best!

The fierce low temperatures have broken. Low tonight will still be sub-zero but today is much warmer than forecast and in the mid-20s.

And Drtgrl will probably get her slush by Friday . . . just before the forecast of ice pellets. Isn't that called hail?

YEEHAW! My teammate successfully defended her 65+ National title last week. It was a TERRIFIC week for New England racers out in Bend - two Master's women's titles, four Master's men's titles, the Elite men's title and COUNTLESS podium appearances.

SadieKate - as an East Coast racer and someone CONSTANTLY looking for volunteers for events, THANK YOU for spending time out in the freezing cold last week.

And congrats to everyone who raced in some pretty brutal conditions.

SheFly

Congratulations to New England. That's some great results!

We had a good time thanks to plenty of Patagucci and our Sorrels. Standing on the sidewalk Saturday morning was a bit chilly but at least back on the positive side of zero.

The crowds were absolutely awesome, building throughout the event. By Saturday it was deafening on the course. You could tell some of the riders were dumbstruck. I don't think the collegiate racers had every seen or heard such a thing; a drum core from Portland played for hours and pushed everyone's enthusiasm even higher.

I have to give credit to the riders. The course conditions could not only change by the hour, but in the late afternoon the condition could be different almost every lap.

Racing at Nationals was a fun yet humbling experience. I was on the fence about racing, but my last series race went well so I decided to go for it. The morning of the race was a "cluster"- I left my inhaler at home, was totally unorganized, yada yada yada. It was super cold yet sunny for my race and I pre-rode the course 3 times to make sure I was comfortable on the snow and ice. We lined up and I made a couple last-minute wardrobe changes (not a good idea) and bam! off we went. I had a great start in the top 1/3rd of the pack but then reality set in and I started to fall behind. The course had a lot of tricky turns on ice and a couple challenging ups/downs. I crashed hard on my R shoulder twice and I wondered if I did something to my collarbone (come to find out it was a mild seperation). I was just draggin' by the end of the race and came in 31/45 starters. Kinda what I expected going into it though.

Now I know what I need to work on for next year and can't wait to return to Bend!