Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Body Glide & another q

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was out doing some night practice laps for the 12hr this weekend & had an "oops" discovery. I've focused so much on other things, I forgot about how much i sweat under my bra. I wore my reg bra & my sports bra over top which seemed to help keep the sweat away but I now want to know something else.

Can you tell me if i put body glide(yes, have used it before & lurve it!) around the bottom bit of my sports bra, will it keep the sweat away? It's not a huge deal as I'll be changing nicks every 3 laps to keep me warm. (Yes, this is in my race plan...)

I found a Skins compression singlet today that I can use but am wondering about Body Glide...

I've used Body Glide as a runner. When it is very hot & humid, I use it in places that might rub. Between thighs, under triceps, and along bottom of boobs. Doesn't stop the sweat but makes sure rubbing doesn't turn into a serious chafing problem.

Second or third the love of body glide for chaffing issues.
    As for the sweating...won't stop. Sounds like you need to look into better wicking sports bra? So your reg bra wicks better?

Not sure there is every a cure for not sweating under the boobs...even with how small mine are!
    katluvr

Even better than Body Glide is the 2 Toms brand SportShield. It costs about the same as BG, doesn't have crumbling issues that require tossing a waxy mess in the trash, and it works better. I know several ultra-marathoners who swear by the stuff (and their sock powder, which I use for any runs further than half marathon distance)

I have a few common chafe issues when I run and the SportShield roll-on works really well. That under-boob bra band area can get a bit rubbed on long runs, but it's not an issue if I use the roll-on.

Anti-chafe products won't prevent sweat, though...and you really wouldn't want to, anyhow.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

what is sock powder? is it baking soda?

I like bodyglide but I've never tried the 2 Tom. I use bodyglide on my under boob bra area, around my lats. triceps everywhere. Use it liberally I say.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Quote Originally Posted by violette View Post
    what is sock powder? is it baking soda?
    Nope, it's a super-fine powdered wax. I've run marathons with that stuff in my socks and only had one minor blister--mostly because my shoes are a hair narrow (I have a very difficult time finding running shoes that are wide enough without being overly controlling).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Isn't SportShield the stuff that contains teflon?

I don't see the ingredients on their website, but I remember reading the ingredients on a product similar to that at a LRS and being sort of appalled. I'm not going to swear that was the product, but I think it was.

Maybe I'm super aware of that because I used to live in one of the towns where the water supply was/is contaminated with PFOA, and near the town that Dupont had to buy out. But I still wouldn't put the stuff on my body.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Isn't SportShield the stuff that contains teflon?

I don't see the ingredients on their website, but I remember reading the ingredients on a product similar to that at a LRS and being sort of appalled. I'm not going to swear that was the product, but I think it was.

Maybe I'm super aware of that because I used to live in one of the towns where the water supply was/is contaminated with PFOA, and near the town that Dupont had to buy out. But I still wouldn't put the stuff on my body.
    It has a silicone-based lubricant (I believe it's dimethicone, which is used in many hand lotions and "intimate lubricants")...not teflon. It's clear and feels greasy, though it's not an oil, so it doesn't soak in. It stays put and doesn't need to be reapplied, even after swimming (it's not even all that easy to get off in the shower without a good deal of soap). I always had to reapply Body Glide after an hour or two, which isn't particularly convenient during long runs and races.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Interesting...SportShield is dimethicone, aloe, and vit. E. But the BlisterShield powder appears to be what you were thinking of. PTFE is one of the ingredients. Looks like that's teflon. Hmmm.... Does anyone know what's in the new Body Glide sock powder?
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3