Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

So Excited!! Ordered my Specialized Vita Comp today!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Some of you may remember me posting here a couple of weeks ago. I was debating between the Specialized Vita Comp (the WSD version of the Sirrus) and the Trek 7.6 FX. Thanks to all of you ladies for sharing your perspective.

I went to my LBS today and put 50% and ordered the Specialized Vita Comp. It will be here around the first week of December.

My hubby and I were talking about it in the car on the way to the LBS, and I admitted that I was feeling a bit guilty about spending so much money on myself. It's sad, but I think many of us women, especially mothers, feel guilty about buying something expensive for ourselves, but we'll do anything for our kids and our families. Weird isn't it? Anyway, my DH was very encouraging and excited for me.

I'm 56 years old, have been working full time since I graduated from college, and this is the FIRST TIME in my adult years that I am buying myself a "toy" that's this expensive. Jeeezzzeee, it's about time huh??

Anyway, here's my new ride (although with winter on it's way I doubt that I'll get to ride it until spring). Whoo Hooo!!

http://tinyurl.com/yh397xf

Ciao
    2011 Jamis Coda Femme (with Coda Elite upgrade)
    1997 Trek 730 Multitrack
    Yep, I prefer STEEL!

That looks like a sweet ride! Don't feel guilty...I'm the same way, but when you do something for yourself and work hard to get there, you can appreciate it that much more! Enjoy every mile you put on her!

Quote Originally Posted by ciao_bella View Post
    Some of you may remember me posting here a couple of weeks ago. I was debating between the Specialized Vita Comp (the WSD version of the Sirrus) and the Trek 7.6 FX. Thanks to all of you ladies for sharing your perspective.

I went to my LBS today and put 50% and ordered the Specialized Vita Comp. It will be here around the first week of December.

My hubby and I were talking about it in the car on the way to the LBS, and I admitted that I was feeling a bit guilty about spending so much money on myself. It's sad, but I think many of us women, especially mothers, feel guilty about buying something expensive for ourselves, but we'll do anything for our kids and our families. Weird isn't it? Anyway, my DH was very encouraging and excited for me.

I'm 56 years old, have been working full time since I graduated from college, and this is the FIRST TIME in my adult years that I am buying myself a "toy" that's this expensive. Jeeezzzeee, it's about time huh??

Anyway, here's my new ride (although with winter on it's way I doubt that I'll get to ride it until spring). Whoo Hooo!!

http://tinyurl.com/yh397xf

Ciao

Enjoy your bike!
    I am also 56 and I can honestly say I have never felt bad about buying anything for myself...

She's beautiful! I'm sure you'll enjoy her for years to come!