Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

View Poll Results: What part of your ride seems to go the easiest?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • The first 10 miles.

0 0%
  • The last 10 miles.

7 43.75%
  • Somewhere in the middle.

9 56.25%

What part of your ride seems to go the easiest?

To disable ads, please log-in.

When I go on a long ride, it seems like the first 10 miles is the most challenging and the last 10 miles of whatever I've set my goal for the day to be, seems to go the easiest. Even when I rode 101 miles one day that last 10 miles seemed to go easier than the first 10. I guess because I'm determined to reach my goal and I know I'm almost there. What about you?

I think I take about 10 miles to really warm up. I have to wait that long to tell how I'm gonna feel on the bike for the day - because the first 10 are always slow and painful!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Totally depends on which direction I'm going on my ride. Lots of rolling hills around here, every ride is quite different as to where the hardest climbs are for me.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
    I think I take about 10 miles to really warm up. I have to wait that long to tell how I'm gonna feel on the bike for the day - because the first 10 are always slow and painful!
    Me too. I set a goal when I go out. During the first 10 miles I think, "I don't know if I can make it." Then I remind myself, "The first 10 is always the hardest". Once I get past the first 10, then I'm ready to go! I didn't know if that was just me, but it sounds like that's pretty normal.