Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

Forgiving wierd habits/procedures

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday we had to defrost the fridge to ..fix a plugged problem in the system. After we removed all food from freezer area and rest of fridge, he proceeded to clean the fridge after shutting off the cold air.

Then he vaccumed the fridge. No, we do not have a handheld Dustbuster!

Well, at least he wiped down the entire fridge innards afterwards.

I forgive him..but my style is to wipe down all the crap with clean rage/paper towels, etc. Not wield a vaccum cleaner that's used for other parts of home. We started to argue but I gave up.

He is a cleaning oriented person after all.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

What difference does it make? Didn't hurt the vac, did it?

I would LOVE it if any of the men in my family were that thorough.

Karen (um, my husband did use my expensive vacuum with no bag in it, and ruined the motor, but was happy to buy me another expensive vacuum!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    What difference does it make? Didn't hurt the vac, did it?
    I'm guessing shootingstar's issue is with the vacuum being used primarily on the floor, where shoes have brought in dirt from outside streets, then the vacuum transferred that dirt into the fridge. I can understand that. The vacuum's brush is supposedly one of the dirtiest things in your home. I think if you disinfect the fridge after the vacuuming, it should be fine.

My bf places all the dishes in the dishwasher on an angle, instead of straight, and it drives me nuts (but I never say anything). I prefer it my way, but I won't impose my way on him. I do unload the dry dishes quicker if he's packed them that way, so probably it's deliberate on his part to get me to do that job quick so he won't have to.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by redrhodie View Post
    I'm guessing shootingstar's issue is with the vacuum being used primarily on the floor, where shoes have brought in dirt from outside streets, then the vacuum transferred that dirt into the fridge. I can understand that. The vacuum's brush is supposedly one of the dirtiest things in your home. I think if you disinfect the fridge after the vacuuming, it should be fine.
    Yup, you got that right, redhodie. Thankfully he didn't use the vaccum brush. He left it off.

He has a logical mind...which in this instance, translated into something abit wierd. It is the equivalent to: A+B+C..eventually leads to you M? Right?

It shall be duly noted that he normally is the neat freak, not I.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 11-20-2009 at 03:10 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.