Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Goals

2010 Goals

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was working on a "pre-season" write up for Bike Shop Girl and I thought I would chime in over here.

What are you ladies planning for 2010? What's your goal races, and just goals?

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    My goals involve some bike tours, and so my training will be geared toward those trips. At least one of those trips will include a century. The club in my town is starting a weekly ride near my house on Tuesday afternoons, and I really want to do those rides so I will!

I think it would be really cool to ride my bike every single day, even if it's just around the block. That's one of my goals, too, and it's a hard one because things come up, but I'm going to try.

I'd like to repeat the HIM I did this year... and maybe break the 6 hour mark. Other than that I may try to do a few olympics as well earlier in the season. Last year the only race I did was the HIM.

Tulip- I think riding your bike every day is a fabulous goal - and one I certainly aspire to. Cool, rainy weather has been putting me off lately - especially combined with the fact that I get home after dark now.

My goals for 2010 are on holding, pending results from a knee MRI. Once I know what I'm looking at there, I'll be able to set more reasonable goals. I definitely want to ride a century. Other than that, too early to tell.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I'm going to continue riding my bike 100 miles a week. It's a good amount for me. I should add I didn't ride at all for 6 weeks last year, which I'm guessing will be the case again this year, but you get the idea. I don't ride if it's icy, just to meet my goal.

I don't race. My goal next year will be the 70-mile version of the Livestrong Challenge in Philadelphia. It will be my 5th Livestrong ride and my 8th ride in support of the LAF. I'll be happy to finish in the same time as previous years (at approx. 13.5 mph) and with minimal pain.

My other goal is to have fun and enjoy riding my bike.

My goals

* Be able to hang with the 'fast crew' on our Tuesday night club rides, even on the hill that is my nemesis, by the end of the season next year.
    * Improve my cardio so that I don't feel like I'm gonna die when I dismount and run for cyclocross races.
    * Improve moving mount/dismount for cyclocross. Fewer bruises from my pedals would be nice

Bringing my average riding speed up to 20-22 mph on my own (without a group to help) on most rides...
    Doing my first track riding without killing myself
    Making it up that really, really steep part on the MTB (I pulled the bike over on myself there last time I did it)
    DBF wants me to get my race license and start doing some road races, I am not sure. Maybe.
    Livestrong San Jose and Austin, HHH

I'm playing it by ear. At the very least, fewer days in the hospital than this year.
    Last edited by jobob; 11-20-2009 at 02:30 PM.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

My goal is to unload, I mean sell this house.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

I have three cycling/fitness goals for next year:

1) do my first TRI (sprint) in May & if I like it - a second one over the summer some time.
    2) ride the Crater Lake Century in August
    3) ride/move more in general - which will happen by default just trying to do the first two goals!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Every year I don't set particular goals.

I just ride as much as I can without having my time overly dominated by cycling which is approx. 3,500-6,000 kms. annually. (This yr. will be the highest beyond 6,000. Am exceeding personal cumulative annual.)

Be minimally fit that I can do several long hills in 1 day. Maintain my weight. Every summer, do several 100+ kms. day rides.

Does that make sense?
    I tend not to become too rigid/enslaved to cycling goals, just so I can adjust to life's unexpected events ahead. Just as long as I am healthy, fit and can cycle for several hrs. This has worked for me in the last 17 yrs. of regular cycling to stay motivated and happy with cycling.

That said, it shouldn't be super hard for me to achieve the minimum..we don't have a car. I guess this is not doing anything for optimizing speed. But the upside is I still love cycling.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 11-20-2009 at 12:42 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I want to say whoa, it's way too early. I am still winding down this season.
    That said, I want to be in great shape for my tour of Andalucia (10 days, 8 of which are cycling and 2 walking), in May, which means starting core training and longer rides on the trainer in about 2 weeks. It also means when I get out on the road in March, I have to ramp up the miles a little more. I hardly did any long rides this year, maybe 3 50-60 milers and 4 40 milers. I also want to do a century again, even if it's the same easy one I did 3 years ago. No goal in mind with the time, but it would be nice if I could do it in 6.5 hours like last time, but I am not holding myself to it.
    Not sure about the running. I've started up again, but it's almost as hard as when I started last January. I probably will drop it in March.
    I want to enjoy the winter sports season, too. We have an x country ski/snow shoe trip planned in February in Craftsbury, VT. where there is always snow.
    But, my biggest goal is for my body to hold up, my back to not hurt, and my bones to strengthen from, hopefully, the medication that will work.

Crankin - this is the best time of year to look back, reflect and get ready for the next season. It may not mean to start training, but to get yourself relaxed and putting your feet up is part of off-season training too!

Get back into shape from these injuries. Become a stronger racer then I was last year and actually have a sprint. Really pick and choose my races, not just do every race possible and prepare and peak for stage races.
    This year is quality over quantity