Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2010 Goals

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    And your upcoming cycling goals, BikeShopGirl?
    Thanks shootingstar!

Goal #1 and the biggest for 2010 is to be the first female finisher of Trans Iowa. My goal is to finish, but it would be nice to kick some guys butts too!

The rest of the year is to stay strong on the MTB, and go into the cyclocross season next year ready to race. I'm doing about 3 races this season just for being so busy at the shop this year I haven't had time to get training in for 'cross.

Oh, thought of a few more--
    5. Try clipless. Although that involves having money, so if that one doesn't happen, not a big deal. Or, at least put the toe cages back on.
    6. Get better with maintenance. Ideally, this would include buying an old bike, taking it apart, cleaning it up, and putting it back together...but that also involves having money. I suppose I'd be happy with not having to rely on DBF (as wonderful as he is) for basic tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by kimikaw View Post
    My 2010 goals (which will also be the year I turn 50) -

1) Complete the 100lb weight loss (35 to go)
    Wow Kimikaw, congrats on the accomplishment to far.

When I first saw this thread, I couldn't really come up with anything. I've had a great cycling year, and I want another just like it! However, as I thought about it, I've come up with a few ideas.

1. I think it would be cool to ride my bike more miles than I drive my car. This year, with a late start due to some surgery early in the year, I have over 4000 miles on my bike so far and almost 8000 on my car. It's probably unrealistic to close that entire gap, but I'm going to be conscious of it. Maybe I can ride 75% of the miles I drive in my car.

2. Like Owlice, I would like to ride through the winter at some level. Lately I've been doing 600-800 mile months. I think I can keep up the current level through December. It's January-March that will be hard here in PA. So, my goal is to have a reasonable 1000 miles for the year in by April 1. That's only 333 miles a month. It would be great to do more, but I'll set that as a minimum goal. This should put me in at over 5000 miles for the year if I pick up where I left off this year. Maybe more if, for instance, I start riding to the post office instead of driving, in the interest of goal number 1.

3. Related to #2, I'd like to stay fit through the winter, NOT gain my usual 10 winter pounds, and NOT feel like a slug by February. A few years ago, I started celebrating my 1/2 birthday in July instead of my real birthday in January because I always feel awful in January!

4. In 2010, I'd like to cut out the time wasting activities , so that I can not only ride my bicycle at the same level as this year, but my horse too. I've had serious horse-selling thoughts this year. Can I do both to an adequate level? This in addition to a full time job, a family and a farm?

The problem is I never met a hobby I didn't like.

Here's my follow up post about my pre-season plans and goals for 2010!

http://bikeshopgirl.com/2009/11/pre-season-part-ii/

I am adding this to my list of goals...

http://www.warriordash.com/

I'm adding walking this:

www.mercerislandhalf.com
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I certainly can't match your goals to mine since I don't ride as much as all of you (yet - maybe in 2011). However, I do have a couple of goals.

1) Lose 40 lbs by my birthday at the end of July 2010. I have already lost 8 of those lbs, so 32 to go.

2) Ride 21 miles, with my two children, to my Mom's house which is six cities/towns over on the Rails-to-Trails bike path. Of course I will have to ride back again, but I plan to spend the night first. I know 21 miles to all of you is nothing, but I have never gone that far on a bike.

Ride consistently, build up my stamina, lose some weight and ride to work.

Brenda.

My goals are way different because my starting point is rather different

Lose 20-30 more pounds and increase my overall physical strength and flexibility.

Finish learning how to ride a bike AND go on a local 20-mile NITE Ride in late June.

Have fun, fun, fun with my future new bike on the country roads!

My goals for 2010:

*Loose 20 pounds
    *Do my second tri in May
    *Run my first half mar in April
    *Ride 2,000 miles

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

1) Ride all 7 days of RAGBRAI 2010.
    2) Lose 20 pounds (already lost 80).
    3) Keep up with Wed night group ride every week.
    4) Drop my husband on a ride. (Then go back and get him.)

I've really downgraded my mileage goals to "whatever I end up riding is good."

That being said, I want to be in the top half of the riders on Bike Journal. If not, eh, I did other things.

As more of a SMART goal, I really really want to finally ride the Katy Trail with DH this year. We've been planning it for years, but things like younger daughter's tuition and the embolism have gotten in the way pretty badly.

I didn't ride my age in miles this year, and the probability of that is pretty small, and getting smaller by the day. I may have done it in kilometers, though, on our overnighter to a neighboring small town. I'd like to do that next year, perhaps on the Katy Trail?

No speed goals. I don't race, so the speed function on the computer is mostly ignored. I've made my peace with being a fat old broad on a slow bike. It takes a lot of the pressure off.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX