Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

How many days a week do you ride?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am averaging 4 days a week right now but want to add a day. Some weeks it's just 3 days. I'm up to 12-14 miles per ride but am looking to add miles each week or two. I'm in no hurry to get this done, but I do want to ride the MS Tour for Cure next October so I have almost a full year to get ready for it. I ride my bike every day as it is my only transportation to and from school, but I ride ride that many times a week.

So how many days do you ride?

4 or 5 in the summer. I do other forms of exercise on the off days, and this is what fits in my schedule and the husbands'. It's going to be winter very soon, and the snow and ice and cold will put a stop to a lot of that, but I have been riding in the middle of the day-3 days a week, to milk the end of this season. When it gets really bad out we will ride on a day where the roads are clear, there's not excessive wind and it's over 25 degrees. Then I will feel like I'm cheating winter!

I also ride 4 or 5, but I don't exercise at all on 2 rest days, except maybe to take a walk. I'm a firm believer in letting myself really rest. I also think it's as important to be kind to my body as it is to make it work, so that means baths and daydreams are necessary most days, and regular massages are not just a treat.

Generally only 2x because I also swim 2x and run 2x.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

2 rides outside (weekends) about 25-30 miles each. 3-4 "rides" on the trainer or in spinning class, each 1-1.5 hours. In the warm weather and long days, I ride 6 days a week, I shoot for 150 miles per week.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."

thanks for the replies! I'm lucky that I live in New Orleans and don't really get winter here.

Only really on weekend mornings, because at the moment, I live in an urban area (near a hospital and university) so it's quite busy on weekdays. I went out in the evenings during the summer, but now that it gets dark so early, I lose that riding time.

In the summer months when I am off (yes, I work in a middle school) every single day! In the fall and spring on the weekends (and once the days begin to get longer I start my after work rides) and in the winter whenever I get a dry day.

I ride as often as I can as the weather and my schedule allows. Sometimes I ride several times a week and other times there may be several weeks that I don't get to ride at all. I really miss it when I can't ride for several days. On average I guess I ride about 2 times a week, usually between 25-40 miles per ride.

My bike is my vehicle so it's every day. Took the bus last January 28 for a snowstorm.

Geonz, you're my hero!
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett