Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

A (very belated) Grand Day Out !

To disable ads, please log-in.

The TE Gals plus one: Mr. Ed, aka_kim, Z, slinkedog, jobob, AG, BikeMomma

Quick stop at Seaside to gather up slinke

View from the multiuse path entering Monterey

We had the path practically to ourselves in the morning. On the way back in the afternoon, well, notsomuch!

We passed by a huge group of motorcycles along the beach in Pacific Grove, this was just the tip of the iceberg so to speak

Along the 17 mile drive, gorgeous scenery everywhere.

Lunch stop in Pebble Beach

The famous Lone Cypress

Waiting patiently while jo takes picture of said famous Lone Cypress

More gorgeous scenery, la di da.

Regrouping and recounting our harrowing experiences negociating the path thru Monterey in full Tourist Mode - "It was a jungle back there!"

Mr. Ed is about to ride into the ocean

Heading for home on the path we took paralleling Rt. 1 from Marina to Monterey and back again

Thanks for sharing the pics Jo!

I hope AG does this ride again. A weekend getaway to Monterey would be fun.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

It was a blast.

Oh, and BikeMomma, thanks so much for the restaurant suggestion. Vito's in Pacific Grove was exactly what we wanted - a pleasant, casual Italian restaurant with great food.

Great pics! thanks for sharing!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    Oh, and BikeMomma, thanks so much for the restaurant suggestion. Vito's in Pacific Grove was exactly what we wanted - a pleasant, casual Italian restaurant with great food.
    Awesome! I'm so glad you liked it! We ate there again friday evening. Melt in your mouth good....I could eat there every night, honest. I had the halibut this time, wine sauce, veggies, side of pasta.....sigh. Yum yum yum.

The pics turned out good! Strange, but I don't have any pics of myself on the bike, so I think I'll copy/paste a couple of those that I'm in, plus the group shot for fond memory's sake. Everybody looks so happy to be out, and the scenery - fantastic. Thanks for posting them, Jobob!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Great shots Jo - thanks for putting them up!

There's a lot more where those came from - I'll burn a bunch of CDs and hand them out when I see ya's. But by now you know better than to hold your breaths .

Yeah, thanks, Jo!! What a great day! Thanks to AG for talking me into it!!

Hey Jo - what kind of camera is that? Those photos are great, and you took mosy of them "on the roll," as I recall...

-BZ

Thanks !

It's a Canon PowerShot S410 Digital ELPH, 4 megapixels, 3x zoom lens. It's very compact and small enough to fit in a jersey pocket, but it's a little on the heavy side for that, so I prefer to keep it in my handlebar bag or bento box. It seems to be a very popular model, I've seen a lot of them out & about. It didn't cost a lot when I bought it over a year ago, but I imagine this model is obsolete by now so maybe you can pick it up really cheap.

I generally set it to the highest resolution (2272 x 1704) so then I'll have plently of pixels left over if I crop any shots - but as it turns out, the only picture I cropped out of the ones I posted was our group photo.

Shooting on the roll is very hit & miss - I set the lens for wide angle, and hold up the camera in the general direction and shoot, no viewfinder involved (otherwise you'd be peeling me up off the road in no time). The trick is to keep the camera more-or-less level with the horizon. And I delete many duds when I get home !

When I post photos on the web I resize them to 480 x 360.

hth, - Jo.

Thanks! I thought it was a Canon. Our household has a Canon s400 (?), but I don't seem to get my hands on it that much. It is kind of heavy. I'd like to find a "ruggedized" digital camera - I wonder if such a thing exists.

I like the group shot a lot - these are the only known photographs of me in my cycling gear.

And, ahem, speaking of cropping, I did notice a few shots where the reddish blob of BikerZ (or BikerZ's boobage!) *could* have been cropped out of the frame!

Thnaks again for posting them!

Sorry about that, Z - I was kind of in a hurry to post them so apart from the group shot I didn't mess around with cropping and such.

No problemo - It's a good reminder of the shrinkage I'm aiming for!