Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Maybe Blaine and I can play hooky from church, sleep over at my sister's in Tracy, leave the kids with them and drive out and do your ride. That would be fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    Maybe Blaine and I can play hooky from church, sleep over at my sister's in Tracy, leave the kids with them and drive out and do your ride. That would be fun!!!
    That would be great. Davis is about 80 miles from Tracy. Is that do-able?

Sorry, AG, we keep hijacking your thread but then I hope you and AB can come up also. Does he do road?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma
    Too bad you can't make it, CindySue! Always a next time, though. -BikeMomma
    yep! Next time! You girls still haven't seen Dulce De Luna.....
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Hey AG - do you recommend using a CamelBack for this ride? (As I learned on our last TE ride, it's a fashion no-no for roadies, but...) I guess another way of asking that is - will it be convenient to refill water bottles on the ride?

It looks like I'll have room in my car for someone else (and their bike), if anyone wants to carpool...

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you guys, and meeting Slinkedog for the first time!

I'll be breaking in a new saddle (or will it be breaking ME in?) - it seems ok on tonight's quick 15 mile ride...

A lot of roadies use camelbacks, and they make a lot of sense for long rides - it all comes down to personal preference.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

I always use my camelback. I took the bottle cages off my road bike. I just can't handle taking the bottle, drinking and replacing it in the cage. So when I use my camelback, I drink more.

As far as places to refil on the route, there are many picnic areas along the way, but I don't know if there are water fountains. Near the end there is a nice, clean public restroom, and I THINK there are drinking fountains, but I just can't be sure.

The turn-around spot is the Lodge at Pebble Beach. There are stores there. And at the 15 mile mark is a deli. You could buy bottled water. But Pebble Beach is "high rent district". Everything costs more in Pebble Beach!

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim
    And what about food? Is the post-ride meal at the Jack-in-the-Box???
    I'm betting that if we took a vote, Jack-in-the-Box would not win! The start/end point is Marina. There are lots of fast food places and a few real restaurants, but I've never been to any. I think we'll have to just wing it. Maybe we'll see something along the route, and we can go there after the ride.

And after food, the second most important question: bathrooms. Are there bathrooms of any sort at the turnaround and/or picnic areas?

Quote Originally Posted by aka_kim
    And after food, the second most important question: bathrooms. Are there bathrooms of any sort at the turnaround and/or picnic areas?
    I know of several places with public bathrooms along the route. There are probably more. They are around the 7, 12ish, 16 and 20 mile markers. Some are cleaner than others... (which means some are dirtier than others).
    Last edited by Adventure Girl; 08-26-2005 at 08:24 AM.

All right then -- I'll have nothing to whine about. Count me in.

Yeah, the water question came to my mind too as I'm still challenged at getting my bottle out of the cage whilst moving. I have to stop for my drinks and bites. Hope that won't present too much of a problem. I can always try to catch up!!

I don't have a camelbak and have no budget at present to buy one. I need to practice the bottle thing, I guess.

Clarified directions

From Highway 1 southbound:
    Exit Reservation Road
    Turn Left on Reservation Road (go under the freeway) (go about 1/4 mile)
    Turn Right to stay on Reservation Road (go another 1/4 mile)
    (if you go straight, you'll be on Beach Road)
    After you cross the railroad crossing, the next intersection is Reservation Road and Del Monte Blvd.
    Go straight through the intersection (crossing Del Monte Blvd).
    Jack in the Box will be on your left hand side.
    Park in the parking lot adjacent to Jack in the Box.

See you Saturday at 10:00 AM!!

Edited for clarity (I hope it is clearer!)
    When you exit Highway 1 you will turn Left on Reservation Road.
    You will stay on that road for about 1/4 mile.
    Then you will turn Right to stay on Reservation Road.
    Stay on that part another 1/4 mile.

I am navigationally challenged! Sorry!

Can't wait to see you all tomorrow! I'm planning on leaving around 8:45 from my house. If anyone needs a ride, I have room for one more. I'll check again later before I go to bed.

Thanks for the clarification AG! Something told me to check the thread this morning before I left!
    See ya in a little while!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

excellent

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl