Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh, very cool! I'm so glad you guys will be there!

Hey, you guys have fun - I'd love to join you! Not that I'd be capable of doing 50 miles right now I shall be recovering on the 27th, we are throwing a combo going away party/bridal shower for a friend on the 26th. I'm seriously considering getting a hotel room near the restaurant........

Not a bad idea, love. Just remember: two aspirin and lots of water before turning in (or passing out). Your remaining brain cells will thank you in the morning.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

So, what's the weather likely to be like? What should I wear? Long sleeves? Short sleeves with arm warmers? Tank top? (Wishful thinking, I imagine) Knickers? Shorts? Lots of layers, and if so, what do I do with said layers once they are shed?

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    So, what's the weather likely to be like? What should I wear? Long sleeves? Short sleeves with arm warmers? Tank top? (Wishful thinking, I imagine) Knickers? Shorts? Lots of layers, and if so, what do I do with said layers once they are shed?
    I'll check weather.com as the day gets closer. But layers is a good idea. I almost always wear shorts except when I ride the route at night.

The weather will probably change over the course. Marina/Seaside is usually foggy. Monterey/Pacific Grove is often sunny. Pebble Beach could go either way.

I'd suggest some sort of wind breaker of at least a vest.

I'm a yes!

Hey everyone....I have the all-clear. But just need to make sure of the time...10:00? Da?

AG, I'll be driving in on Hwy 1 going south (from direction of Salinas/Watsonville/San Juan Bautista, etc.). Can you give me directions to the meeting place?

Thanks!
    C-y'all Saturday
    -BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma
    Hey everyone....I have the all-clear. But just need to make sure of the time...10:00? Da?

AG, I'll be driving in on Hwy 1 going south (from direction of Salinas/Watsonville/San Juan Bautista, etc.). Can you give me directions to the meeting place?
    From Highway 1 southbound:
    Exit Reservation Road
    Turn Left on Reservation Road (go under the freeway)
    Turn Right to stay on Reservation Road
    (if you go straight, you'll be on Beach Road)
    After you cross the railroad crossing, the next intersection is Reservation Road and Del Monte Blvd.
    Go straight through the intersection (crossing Del Monte Blvd).
    Jack in the Box will be on your left hand side.
    Park in the parking lot adjacent to Jack in the Box.

See you Saturday at 10:00 AM!!

Thanks, AG!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Food?

And what about food? Is the post-ride meal at the Jack-in-the-Box???

have fun girls! I'll be in SoCal this weekend..........
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Quote Originally Posted by cindysue
    have fun girls! I'll be in SoCal this weekend..........
    Too bad you can't make it, CindySue! Always a next time, though.
    -BikeMomma

Some day, AG, I'm going to show up on your doorstep because I sooooo want to ride down there. But this ride was not meant to be. Co-worker #2 has decided that Saturday is THE day for bike shopping!

I am so gosh darn excited for my two co-workers. To continue their saga, they rode the 30-mile route at the Tour of Napa Valley and just breezed through it. I knew they would but #2 just wasn't convinced. However, she was the one who called me from the car to say, "We did it! We had so much fun and it was way easier than riding to Beal's Point!" So, no more hijacking of this thread but #2 now wants a faster light bike so she can keep up with #1. I so love bike shopping with someone else's money.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    Some day, AG, I'm going to show up on your doorstep because I sooooo want to ride down there.
    Mi single track es tu single track!
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    But this ride was not meant to be.
    Next time!
    Last edited by Adventure Girl; 08-25-2005 at 03:32 PM.

Oh SK! I'm bummed. I was hoping we could have a sleep-over and ride.

Well, we'll all have to do this one again when you can make it. I'm very excited and hope it all goes well. I've been having this weird muscle cramp in my right calf thing lately, but only on the road. Never in the trainer. Hope it doesn't get me on Saturday. I'll eat lots of bananas.

Aw, you girls are so kind. Maybe a sleepover in Davis for the 18th? I've got lots of therma-rest mattresses and floor space! Plus, one guest bed with it's own bike art on the walls.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.